New file at the Repository: Ramadi Government Center FULL_UPLOAD.zip (2013-08-24)

This enormous urban map faithfully recreates the 1.7km x 750m downtown core of Ramadi, Iraq, a key battleground during the US-led Anbar counterinsurgency of 2004 - 2007. The main east-west highway, Route 10, aka "Main Supply Route (MSR) MICHIGAN" and the Anbar Government Center, nominal and besieged seat of the US-backed Anbar Governorate are the central elements of the map, together with the huge Saddam Mosque, the city cemeteries and the market district.

More...

LLF... Impressive! Really Impressive map. Thanks.

What you have created here with Ramadi Government Center is another example of why if the new CMSF-2 includes a utility to bring older CMSF maps, scenarios campaigns into the CMx2 update... it could be a significant enhancement and added incentive to purchase.

Thanks guys. It took a long time to make, mostly while I was commuting earlier in my career, so I figured: why waste it?

You can carve out a small section and work up a platoon sized Cordon & Knock mission pretty quick. Give the bad guys a number of snipers and an IED or two. Sprinkle some (wrecked) civvie cars around for flavour, clutter and cover. Then set your VC such that you need to clear it with ZERO casualties. That's a typical day in Ramadi, in the boots of the Marines, or Army, or (later) mixed forces of US and Iraqi Army.

LLF: You have done some of the most amazing CM2 projects that must have taken unknown hours/weeks/months... Actually it's art. But, you have been ahead of your (computer power) time. We have to wait for the computers to catch up.

I hope this can be imported into CMSF2. However, with all the new CMSF2 features and terrain I am sure it will have, I have my doubts that it will be an easy or even possible thing to do.

"I hope this can be imported into CMSF2. However, with all the new CMSF2 features and terrain I am sure it will have, I have my doubts that it will be an easy or even possible thing to do."

I have no programing skills so I don't know but pretty much anything is possible with enough time and money and staff. If Battlefront came close to accurate in a CMSF to CMSF2 map / scenario campaign conversion utility that would be good enough.

"You can carve out a small section and work up a platoon sized Cordon & Knock mission pretty quick."

This is what I would do. Ramadi Government Center has plenty of areas this would work from strolling around the map the other night. Small platoon sized fights are lots of fun too.