CMPzC Bulge '44 Crossroads Operation - Axis HQ

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will demonstrate how the casualties sustained in the CM battle are applied to the equivalent PzC units. this is done in the following way.

I access the Review Map screen, via the CM battle AAR screen.

AARscreenshot_zps8bfdc5a4.png

<<Below is just one way to do the headcount. As long as it is accurate and you don't lose or confuse the data. >>

I then perform what I call the mouseketeer roll-call by clicking on any unit on the field, then in the chain of command box, select the actual company commander and starting with the company commander HQ team, use the + key to go downward through 1st platoon and his squads, 2nd platoon, etc etc to tally the headcount for the company. Normally it is in the lower left but here it is the weapon graphics box. Just pencil down the number of survivors in each team until you are finished with the company.

I use a big vertical column format with short horizontal pencil lines between the platoons. Then add it up and clearly note the final sum on your sheet of paper. This also gives you one last chance to recognize the most vicious and murderous killers among your troops with the kill score down in the lower left corner.

Then move on to the next company and so on until you end back at where you started.

9th Companie: 75

6th Companie: 93

5th Companie: 74

StuGs: 4

Pz IV: 5

Now you go into your CMPzC folder and fire up ol' Bessy, the oob editor.

pcoob_zps45a07124.png

In the oob editor, you open the specific oob file you've been playing the game with and edit your changes.

In this case: Bulge '44_Alt7_McNamara.oob

The find tool is a great helper.

Hint: use the exact wording from your unit info box in the PzC game screen.

findtool_zpsb5e86daf.png

Tick them off one by one and then double-check your entries.

Save this oob and rename with the extra word edited tagged on.

Bulge '44_Alt7_McNamara Edited.oob

It is all very easy to do.

OK, here we are back in the CMPzC command center. We are no longer down in the front lines with the troops, we are back in some command tent or a command vehicle with maps and stuff. Hot coffee. Hot chow. Warm bed. Maybe even a cute blonde signals fraulein? It reminds me of the time...of the...wha..? what? OK, noob, I'm sorry. Back to business!

This is axis turn 05.

We get offered to see the allied turn replay. I always say yes. You gotta keep your eyes on these allied types.

Alliedreplay_zpsbfb9eecb.png

It shows me noob's troops, pulling out of Baraque de Fraiture. Their movement triggers some automatic fire. But I think I cause no effect but lose 4 men.

Then old "Nuclear Noob" uses his artillery to pound my PzGR4 HQ unit back in some village. He causes 13 casualties. Direct hit on some clerk's typewriter.

Then I get the "morning paper"command report...

commandreport05_zps886f0620.png

Wow! It says Goerring lost 50 pounds on the strudel diet!!!

I am slowly developing my PzC playing skills, so that only means so much to me right now. But I do see that vacant hex worth them big money points. I need to move a unit up into there and dig in like a _________.

<<fill in local/regional/cultural expression for something that really digs in.>>

I think those Folks Grenadiers will get off their shelter quarters and head into BdF. I'll go with the battalion that is NOT low on ammo. II Battalion, GR 1128.

<<My photo bucket is down, screen shot pending....>>

So, the VP hex points symbol has turned blue and we have control of the hex and have those 200 smackers worth of points. Hooray for our side!!

Now what? Well, we should rack up some more kill points. The Allied forces retreating from Baraque de Fraiture are ripe for the picking. Let me try my best PzC 1-2 punch to destroy them. Some artillery fire, some direct fire and an assault.

<<My photo bucket is down, screen shot pending....>>

<<My photobucket finally came back up, too late to edit the first post.>>

II Battalion, GR 1128 moves into Baraque de Fraiture:

movein_zpsb8508eb1.png

Now we call in some Hummel artillery fire on noob's airborne infantry.

artillery_zps698e14f0.png

Very poor results. 1st mission: 1 man KIA in the infantry. 2nd mission I fired at the remaining M10, hey you might get it right in that open turret?. ..no effect. :(

OK, now I start a small amount if assault prep direct fire using that stack of 4 units right to the south of the retreating forces.

I can maybe take one shot with each of my 4 units and still have enough points to assault.

First try is with 2 StuGs in the 12th Co., II Battalion, Panzer Regiment 2. They take aim at that remaining M10 and score a kill!!

It is hard to catch a screenshot the exact time it says you got the kill. This is "no effect" for the infantry return fire on my units.

assaultpreps_zps2e864c6e.png

So, now the rest of my 3 units can take some shots at those stragglers. Results: 1 man KIA. Sheesh!!!

Now the assault. He is in the open. I have a weak company and a handful of StuGs.

assault_zps88fd0c77.png

I lost 3 men and he lost 8 and pulled back up the road towards Manhay. I will send the turn file to noob, but I think he said it is over...

I made a mistake in my instructions to you regarding post CM battle PzC moves. You have to move the units that participated in the CM battle, onto the contested hex. If the hex stacking limit stops you moving all of your units on the hex, you must decide which units you want to move onto it, but there must be a mix of unit types. Once that compulsory move has been performed, the units that have moved onto teh contested hex are free to move again if desired. you can carry on with your PzC moves, however, in this case it's pointless as the operation is now over because I have insufficient forces to take back the VP hex.