Two strange things

Maybe this was discussed before but i couldn't find it. I have noticed few strange things during game.

1. Vehicle(tanks, destroyers, sp guns...) turning time. This is IMO problem with all CM games. Why they are turning so slowly. You can watch some movies on youtube to see that even world war 2 tanks were quite efficient while doing such maneuvers. Even such monsters like Jagdpanther is turning within few seconds. In game most of vehicles need 20-30 seconds to turn 90 degrees. Why is that? Is it for some game play purpose ? why?

2. I've noticed that sometimes my tanks despite clear lose to target stops targeting it for a while or even loose contact with him although nothing has changed. I hope you understand me :) For example i had such situation: My JGPZ IV saw stuart tank and start to turn and aim at him but after few seconds he stops targeting and turned slightly left. The turn ends and I directly ordered him to engaged this stuart and once again JGPZIV start to turn, aim and him and again he stops and turn slightly left after another few seconds he finally aim at him and fired.

Few turns later i had similar situation with panther. I wanted to engage sherman tank. In lost waypoint i used face command poiting that sherman but panther had ignored this and his turret was pointing to the right(there was nothing) When sherman fired at him he finally saw him and shoot back but missed. After this panther lost contact with him and turn his turret right. Last shot killed my panther ;/

I've seen this and recently- my assumption is that in turning it has altered the LOS of whomever in the vehicle could spot the target and now they do not have LOS. This is especially true when you are up against hedgerow. It could simply mean the viewer who might have been directly up against the hedgerow is now a short distance behind.

Might also be a TacAI problem. The crew basically flip-flopping between different targeting decisions.

For example, if there's a Stuart close by, they start targeting that, then notice there's a Sherman farther away. They change their mind and start targeting that instead. Then they change their mind again, maybe because of some other factor, maybe because one of the two targets moved closer or farther away, so it's now in a different threat category.

In real life, most people would make a decision and stay with it, but the AI is artificial after all..

In the battle we just finished, sburke, I saw this a number of times when my Sherman IIIs were threatened from several directions at once. The turret would turn, seem to prepare to fire, then turn again. And it almost looked as if the tank was thinking and trying to make up its mind which was the most serious threat. This happened most often on HUNT orders. One way to prevent indecision is to focus the tank's targeting with an arc or a target order, but Murphy's Law dictates that will be exactly when a new threat appears and kills your tank from the direction it wasn't looking/targeting. I've come to have a lot of respect for the TacAI, and when I see troops or vehicles fail to blindly obey an order, it often turns out they were seeing a threat that I failed to notice!

I had a situation once with a Semovente 90/53 TD ("no such thing as a safe Sherman") where the TacAI seemed to have added a Face order at the end of the movement I'd given it. I'm sure and certain I didn't put it there, because I had eyes on a tank I was sneaking up on; I think the TacAI decided that the vehicle needed to be perpendicular to the line of bushes/heavy forest that I was using for concealment, rather than 45 degrees left of that position, where the sherman was. Anyway, the crew spotted their prey very soon after arriving, but not soon enough that the driver hadn't started to turn away from their target bearing. Upon spotting the sherman, they started to rotate back, and even though they never lost the spot, they vacillated between turning to obey this spurious Face order and turning to aim at the sherman. The sherman spotted them eventually, but fortunately missed the hull down TD with both the shots it took before reversing away behind smoke dischargers.

It's a shame it got away, cos that kill would have made aces out of that crew, in the one battle alone.

What I find annoying is when a tank wants to aim at something, but the driver wants to turn. It keeps turning the hull in one direction, and the turret in the other, but not firing. Should be the tank commander's responsibility to decide to turn the tank or to engage a target.