Simulating a 1941 FJ battalion

That sounds plausible. Chris Ellis in his TO&E for the Heer infantry regiment of 1942 shows the battalion heavy wpns. coy. with 12 HMG and 6 81mm mortars. Each rifle platoon had one 50mm mortar. So the paratroops might have grouped their 50mm mortars in one platoon of the company.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Actually, this mod puts all Brit Paras into Fallschirmjaeger uniforms. It's a 3D model swap. Note the weapons on the other two guys (this is the light mortar team from the Brit Airborne TO&E). The downside is that you can't fight against Brit Paras (as Brits) since they'd look like this too. Fortunately, that's not a problem in fighting on Crete.

OMG -- I'd been checking and checking for it and then missed the post!

Thanks mj and excellent work.

And yes, the Brit paras are of no use in 1941 Crete, so might as well draft them into the Luftwaffe.

Is it ready to post?

Whew, thought for a moment something was not to your liking! :). Yes, they're ready but I'm not at home until tomorrow. I'll put it in DB then.

You might also be able to swap* the Sten for an MP40 and the No. 4 rifle for Kar98K, as the Sten is only used in the Airborne in the Med and I think you can get the No. 4 rifle via the equipment quality setting.

*I have not attempted a weapon swap since CMSF, so I don't know if it can be done.