4 to 6 weeks

What you think this is the Calvin and Hobbes treehouse? Personally I think that would probably be a good thing. Then maybe the few female players wouldn't have to hide their gender to avoid A**holes. And before you suggest there aren't any, perhaps you should reflect on above statement and wonder how you will ever know.

If Phil and Normal Dude aren't offended then I don't think any of the rest of us have any right to object.

Jesus man ... it was a joke FFS.

What happened got pushed back... again.

Seems if a game here is said it will be out in a month that means at least

2 or 3 even 6 months.

they are after all using the same engine and recycling the same map and location types from the previous module and a lot of the same equipment.

Its not like they are creating something wholly new like an eastern front campaign.

What - so you seriously thought I was saying I didnt want any actual girls here ?

LOL okay okay, what's that in Spinty's sig - "Schoolgirls on speed. Shaking, hot, sweaty schoolgirls with torn clothes, long range scopes and a mind to kill"

Paul T

You defenitley have the right to inquire when the game is coming out.Its not that you inquired, its how you inquired.Its five days away from the pre-order being being 6 weeks old.So I have to call your gripe assanine.You still wont admit that your flat out wrong."For all intents and purposes its been 6 weeks".No it hasn't.I could understand your post and frustration and even agree with if you posted around May 24th.As far as me being a mouthy teenager that has to grow up, again wrong, I am a mouthy middle aged man who needs to grow up.Please get your facts correct.You have the right to inquire and we my friend have the right to respond and bringeth the smacketh down.Paul t please relax, the game I predict will be here Monday.

Oh, God this is deteriorating fast back to the unfunny jokes and light bantering for the very reason I usually don't read or participate in too many posts here. Weapon2010,

you like my last line about inquiring, my original post was disrespectful and insulting and

how about blasphemous- "to thine wholly BFC"

"I should have said it that way in the first place" yes it would have sounded better (and wouldn't have offended so many.) (maybe I just didn't feel like it at the time.)

So I was wrong (You like that, good). Really, now, when's the last time you admitted you were wrong? Some how I can't imagine you ever saying you are wrong either. There's someone else here I can't imagine doing that either.

By the way, just for the record, its 3 days from being 6 weeks not 5. Go to your calender and count from the third of April (if that is in fact the date the expected release was announced) you will see.

Ok, enough for me, enough! Glad we're all getting along now but I must be on my way! Just forget me and ignore the original thread I made and continue along the normal tone of BFC forum threads.

As for Gustov Line coming out early next week I too have a strong feeling it will be. Hope you all enjoy it.

paul

again your wrong about the days, keep the hot streak going!Ok let me help you with the math.Today is the 11th.Six weeks is on the 15th.

So lets do this together.

11th 1day

12th 2day

13th 3day

14th 4day

15th 5day

In 23 minutes it will be 4 days.

So I was wrong (You like that, good). Really, now, when's the last time you admitted you were wrong? Some how I can't imagine you ever saying you are wrong either.

Erm ... 4.35pm Friday of last week.

The wife said - "so you've bought another freaking game" ?

"Yes dear, but its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"Thats supposed to mean something ?"

"Oh c'mon ... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"The kids have to eat you know"

"We have cake - and .... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"I sometimes think you love your games more than me"

"But dear ... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

At that point I ducked as the pointy edge of the bread knife singed my ear and apologised.

Erm ... 4.35pm Friday of last week.

The wife said - "so you've bought another freaking game" ?

"Yes dear, but its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"Thats supposed to mean something ?"

"Oh c'mon ... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"The kids have to eat you know"

"We have cake - and .... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

"I sometimes think you love your games more than me"

"But dear ... its Combat Mission Gustav Line"

At that point I ducked as the pointy edge of the bread knife singed my ear and apologised.

You don'treally expect her to understand do you. You could try telling her it's her Italian Holiday except iit's to Anzio, Salerno, Monte Cassino...

But then you might actually have to buy her that Italian holday. You get to tour all those WW2 battlefields. She gets to shop and sunbathe/ Good plan huh? :D

My my... isn't this a fine mess, Ollie :D

To restate the obvious, we are still a few days away from our 6 week ESTIMATED release date for Gustav so it is obviously not "pushed back". Which means this whole thread is entirely unnecessary. But it's par for the course. Anytime we get near a release someone (or someones) seems to forget that if we have to choose between taking more time or kicking something out before it's ready... we take more time. We'd rather have people unfairly jump on our backs about release times than we would fairly criticize us for releasing something before it's ready.

I'd also like to remind people that everything we do takes time. The more we do the more time it takes. Having Gustav Line based on a stable game engine doesn't speed up the process any. It still takes the same amount of time to make TO&E, models, textures, scenarios, etc. and test it all. Plus, we have new features like winter weather that have to be developed and tested.

The expectation that a Module takes less time to make than a full new game is not accurate. Now that the engine is pretty well fleshed out the majority of time spent is on the things I just listed. My guess is Bagration (the first Eastern Front game) will take about as long as Gustav Line. Especially since Gustav Line took the schedule hit for adding winter weather, which Bagration won't initially need access to.

Since this thread (as previously stated) has no purpose, I'm locking it up.

Steve