New file at the Repository: updated ez_&_vein_US_infantry_distinct_units_uniform (CMB

Many thanks for all your work.

I could not however copy about 30 files from the "Distinct Units" folder to my Z folder. Something about the "filename is too long for the destination"?

Yea, that happens. I'm willing to bet that your Data / Z folder is buried under several other layers of higher level folder/directory names so that the total dataset string name (for Operating System purposes) for these files on your rig exceeds 258 characters.

Try copying those files to a "higher" level directory. Then just copy the "zzUnit" folder to Data/Z when playing. If that doesn't work, you might have to rename the "zzUnit" folders to a simpler/shorter folder name. Please let me know if that works successfully for you.

My intent was to help people easily distinguish between the Version_1 and Version_2 variants of these uniform files. As with all things Microsoft, no good deed goes unpunished. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sounds interesting - any screen shots? Or pointers to the mods this is based on that have screen shots?

Repository now updated with screenshots. (This was my first mod here and I didn't see any option to upload screenshots with the file over the weekend. Once the file was posted today, the BF Repository subsequently provided me as its author the option to load thumbnails.) Thank you for your interest.

Thanks for the idea, Badger. I tried putting it on my "Desktop" and even "Admin", but it's still too long. :(

I just uploaded a newer version called "updated ez&vein_US_distinct_infantry_uniform (CMBN v2)" which shortens all the folder names. If you download again after BF publishes it to the Repository, please advise of results. Regret your inconvenience. Thanks for your interest and patience.