MAP table skirting is ugly

Check out 'World of Tanks'. Seamless transition to the horizon. BUT only custom-designed maps with a carefully built monster no-go edging for the camera & vehicles so you're literally (virtually?) unable to look behind, over, or around anything they don't want you to.

BFC had discussions about prettying-up the map-to-horizon but solutions either involved greatly restricting camera movement, doing stuff to kill framerate, or disallowing player built maps. They didn't like any of those solutions. Maybe they've got some 'clever ideas' I'm unaware of. They're been coming up with a LOT of 'clever ideas' lately. :)

There's this one game I played that does it pretty well..what was it called..oh yeah, CM Touch (yes, yes, not quite the same thing, but still, it looks much nicer than how the issue is handled is CMx2)

Sadly, BF seems to have forgotten that the game exists, judging by the forum. I kid, but only a little ;)

3.png