Ugh. Confused about the upgrades.

I had the version 1.00 running. I want to upgrade to the most current version but.. The upgrade site stated that if I had 1.xx version I only needed the 1.11 patch. So I ran it thinking that would get me all the way to the 2.0 version. It did not. My main screen now says v 1.11 at the bottom. Do I now need to now download the upgrade to 2.0 and run that as well? Thanks.

yes the 1.11 patch is exactly that, a patch to version 1.11 (and is free). Version 2.0 is an actual purchasable upgrade. After applying that you can then download and apply patch 2.1 (also free) which will then have you at the most current version.

CMBN upgrades and patches page page

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=273&Itemid=459

The v2.0 Upgrade is not a standalone game. You need to own the base game, Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy, patched to v1.11 in order to play. The 2.0 Upgrade is not a patch. It adds exciting new features to your game. It's available for download, mail order or both starting at just $10 (plus Shipping & Handling if applicable).

Patch 2.1 pagehttp://www.battlefront.com/community/announcement.php?f=124&a=595

The 2.0 "patch" is basically the same thing that many other software companies call DLC or downloadable content (basically extra content beyond the base game), and charge money for.

BFC has provided us with a path to keep CMBN (and CMFI) current with the other CM games that are going to be released over the next couple of years, and have asked us to pay a modest sum to offset their costs.

So what you need to do is patch to 1.11 and then make a decision whether you want to stop there or pay $10 to download the 2.00 patch. The 2.01 patch is free.

Unless $10 is a big deal to you, and if it is I respectully submit you focus more on generating income than playing games, I highly recommend the 2.0 upgrade and then the free 2.01 patch.

Thanks all. Yes, I was just in too much of a hurry and didn't figure out the deal w the upgrades. $10?! Unheard of! Ever notice when they interview some guy standing at a gas pump complaining about the prices, they always seem be holding a bottled water? What's bottled water, like $15-20/gallon?

Thanks all. Yes, I was just in too much of a hurry and didn't figure out the deal w the upgrades. $10?! Unheard of! Ever notice when they interview some guy standing at a gas pump complaining about the prices, they always seem be holding a bottled water? What's bottled water, like $15-20/gallon?

Beer is cheaper.:D