CMA anyone play it?

CM:Afghanistan is worth the money. Whether $35 equals years and years of continuous-loop gameplay is another matter, but you do get a solid $35 worth of 'happy fun playtime' out of it. Its a VERY different tactical environment from their other combat sims, which it the primary reason to give it a spin. This is especially true of non CMSF owners. CM:Afghanistan fielded Shilka a couple months before CMSF:NATO got Shilka. And in the game Shilka is cool. :)

well what would be better to go for CMA or CMsf with all modules? If i get CMA i will prolly only play as soviets.. Also the units dont seem very detailed compared to the demo of cmsf i played or as detailed as they are in cmbn or cmfi. Which is a shame as i like the uniforms and what not to at least be mostly correct

Well, CMSF + all modules + Repository has much more content than CMA + Repository. If you take the CMSF mods Euroscape and Mords Civil War Mod into account, you almost have 2 additional modules for free, allowing the simulation of conflicts ranging from World War 3 to the currently ongoing conflict in Syria.

Long story short: If i had to decide between CMA and CMSF+ modules, i would go for CMSF. Luckily i have both, though :).

well what would be better to go for CMA or CMsf with all modules? If i get CMA i will prolly only play as soviets.. Also the units dont seem very detailed compared to the demo of cmsf i played or as detailed as they are in cmbn or cmfi. Which is a shame as i like the uniforms and what not to at least be mostly correct

I hate questions like these as I prioritize what I spend my money on differently. I don't smoke so any money that would have literally been burned away on that would easily pay for whatever BF releases. I got a kindle so my book purchases have dropped at least 30% so that easily pays for BF. Point is I don't deprive myself of anything on the BF side. I own CMA and CMSF + modules and though I haven't played CMA in a while, it isn't from lack of desire.

yeah that presents it's own dilemma. hhmmmm sell blood maybe? If things really are that tight, CMSF hands down. Lots more material in the long run. Given that though if you really are that tight you might want to wait for CMSF2 which Steve speculated on another thread here about accelerating the art work on that, though no idea when we might see something.