New file at the Repository: Vin's animated text for CMBN 2.0 (2013-01-03)

**For CMBN v2.0 ( and Commonwealth Module ) **This is a compatible version for CMBN 2.0 only. I am not sure if Marco bergman is still interested in updating the graphics he contributed, but untill then this is one made with keyboard, and available character maps. It is still very functional, and much better than words alone.This mod changes the soldier stat text to make it easier to distinguish the actions of each soldier in the squad, and separate teams within the squad by use of type styles, and symbols. It gives the text an "animated" feel, and gives the player a clearer picture of the actions at a glance. To use the mod place either the folder inside the "z" folder.Enjoy!,Vin (Vinnart)*IMPORTANT. This mod will only work with CMBN v2.0*IMPORTANT. UNINSTALL this mod before updating. This mod must be updated with each patch.

More...

I actualy heard from Marco the day I uploaded this version which does not have his graphics. He said he is still interested in updating, so I anticipate I will be putting the updated graphics version up soon.

Heres is LEGEND for what will propably a temp file

Firing= (------------

Aiming= \¤/

Cowering= [X]

Hiding= (???)

Medic= (+)

Casualty= †

Packing up= (UP)

Deploying= (D)

Reloading= ®

Moving= >>>>>

Driving= » » »

Thank's Vinnart, Look's like a nice mod.

I am going to install and try it on my ver 2.0.

Question? Were would I find this mod for early CMBN &CW I have a version 1.11?

Regards

Lane

Glad you like it. Sorry, there is no 1.11 version. This mod has to be current to work so only install to 2.0

• 1 month later...
Update on Marcos graphics?

Last I heard from him he was having difficulty updating the graphics. For the time being this original version is still functional, albeit not as visually exciting with the limit of what can be done from the keyboard and character map alone. Any graphics are better than just all text.

Hey Vin with the release of 2.01 this mod is now broken. example, click a unit and where it says "leader" or "gunner" etc it now has random names like "APCR" or "Daimler"

I was just about to report this. I can confirm that 2.01 is incompatible with this great mod.