Accepted Skill setting amongst the community

I've been following this thread and I'm sorta mixed up. I think that the difficulty level has nothing to do with the AI and just changes the info available to the player. Am I right or ?.

You are mostly correct. For spotting you are correct - all the way. For artillery times both you and the AI get better artillery turn around times for those settings that effect them.

Interesting, the new FOW icons do give hints. I have given up on Elite so have not tried it in v2. My question would be this: when playing Elite and your guys think they have spotted an AT gun do you see the gun? icon? Then when the get a positive ID on the gun do you see the full AT gun icon?

In v1 you would see the ? icon and then, once fully spotted, you would see the infantry icon. Only clicking or zooming in with the camera would revel that it was really an AT gun.

I've only seen IGs [Edit: not encounterered any ATG] on elite (as I say, Warrior's my choice of level), but they do have the query-gun icon, and their own icon when fully spotted. In FI v1.01, at least. Mortar teams do remain infantry-generic.

Thank you ian leslie, I don't quite follow you on the turn around times.

Under the higher difficulty levels the delay for artillery is increased to more realistic levels. This effect is present for both AI and the player. Likewise, both AI and player artillery comes in sooner at easier levels.

Under the higher difficulty levels the delay for artillery is increased to more realistic levels. This effect is present for both AI and the player. Likewise, both AI and player artillery comes in sooner at easier levels.

While this is true, it's only so for the levels up to Warrior. Elite and Iron don't change arty call times at all.