New file at the Repository: Schmiedestahl (2012-12-11)

On for the tread heads!This CMBN scenario, ‘Schmiedestahl’ (Forging Steel), recreates a fictional large scale armoured engagement on the Eastern Front in late August 1944. In this scenario British forces represent a Soviet forward detachment that has been tasked to secure several bridges that are part of their main force supply lines. Map Size: 2.4km x 2.8kmTime: 2:30Hrs +0-15 minutesUnit Size: Approx several companies each side (all reduced numbers due to combat losses etc).Scenario Loading time: As it’s a large map it’ll take a few minutes to load. Be patient!Play as: Best played as H2H although the stronger player may want to take the German side as this will be a tough fight for the Germans; Next best played as Germans vs British AI. PLEASE NOTE: There are AI Plans for the Germans but due to the nature of this scenario and the German force make-up it’s asking a lot of the AI to do a plausible attack and hold any ground it may take. About The ScenarioSeveral days ago a surprise Soviet attack broke through the German lines.Through this breach the Soviets pushed a strong armoured spearhead east along the axis of the main rollbahn, seizing the vital bridge crossings near the VORSKLA RIVER at the small village of SOLOKI, and continuing east to seize the key town of ORLOVKA (30km east of SOLOKI). Early yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the poor weather which restricted enemy air support, the Germans launched a counter attack to cut the So...

More...

It felt more like a German counter attack, during one of the British operations, north of Caen. I received a minor defeat in real time. It is a challenge and very enjoyable. The British seem to be everywhere and you quickly learn to respect those AT guns. I’m going to try it turn base to see if I can do better.

Thanks for the recent feedback from Carl and Thor.

@ThePhantom- glad ya enjoyed it. I'm currently playing it myself and my attack has...errr... 'lost momentum' at the moment...

Be keen to hear how you get on with your next play through? Thanks again to you guys for taking the time to play and post - hugely appreciated :)

Is this scenario not compatible with v1.11? I installed it just like any other CMBN scenario but it will not show up on my scenario list. I have both the base and CW module patched to 1.11.

Hi Sakai007 - correct it's not compatible with 1.11 as it was created under v2.00. My apologies I forgot to make that clear in the download info. It's worth upgrading as I would have struggled to crate good AI Plans without having the extra slots.

Thank you George, appreciate the prompt response. That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure and it sounded like a lot of fun. The holidays have killed the cash for a month or two, but I will be getting the upgrade a soon as I can. Been waiting for it since CMFI came out. At any rate, thanks again for letting me know.