Please modify the artillery cease fire function

I wish i had a dollar for the amount of times i've had to reload a PBEM turn just because i made a mistake with an artillery plan, please BF, allow artillery to be used again after a cease fire without a turn reload, or create another button called "cancel mission".

Yeah, I agree. I'm planning an artillery mission, then realize I should have targeted somewhere else instead - so I cancel, then I gotta wait until the next turn to do it again.

During the planning phase, I shouldn't have to wait after cancelling - since presumably the artillery doesn't actually get my fire order until after I hit the red button.

I wish i had a dollar for the amount of times i've had to reload a PBEM turn just because i made a mistake with an artillery plan, please BF, allow artillery to be used again after a cease fire without a turn reload, or create another button called "cancel mission".

Hmm, I have never reloaded a PBEM game if I have made a mistake with arty plan. I think it's kind of gamey to do so.

Think twice before you do anything so you wont make mistakes :)

And if the ceasefire could be cancelled immediately it would happen also in the real time mode as well. And there it wouldn't be realistic.

I don't think there's anything gamey about reloading a PBEM turn before sending it to your opponent. After all, nothing in the game resolution changes, and nothing new is learned. All you're doing is correcting an interface error unrelated to the simulated events.

Imagine if you couldn't change your mind and delete movement or fire orders during the planning phase...

but there would be a problem between the real time play and pbem game and the game would have to be coded to work differently in real time mode. You can delete movement orders in both modes but it wouldn't be realistic if you could cancel the arty call in a second and call another one right away.

Or can you? I have not played any games with the real time mode :)

Given that arty takes several minutes to arrive, not sure what the problem would be with requesting it and cancelling it in RT. You are basically telling a radio operator to send the instructions, so that takes more than a few seconds anyway. (Altho admittedly I rarely play RT.)

You can change how you "Adjust" a mission over and over again in a given turn. The current limitation is an interface one only and makes no sense. Giving a Cease Fire order to a mission that's already been past the pause, sure, that should take some time to do, but the same logic applies to missions generated during a pause in an RT game: you can undo pretty much every other command for fire and move, why not fire missions?