Fallschirmjäger?

To me, not having FJ in cmbn or the cw addon is a farce and a bit of a cynical marketing ploy, considering their units were in action on the opening day of the invasion and heavily engaged throughout the campaign around carentan and st Lo.

Their omission is as realistic as leaving out Sherman tanks for the alies. :(

Sorry if that's putting the boot in on BF but I own all the cm series and disagree with this policy of omitting units to tempt more sales later, even I will still buy them!

Great product though ;)

well you are entitled to your opinion, but BF has explained the process and reasoning and it isn't a matter of just cynically trying to gouge more out of us. If their explanation isn't enough for you or you simply don't accept it..oh well. *shrug* It is what it is.

So far personally I feel I am getting far more than my money's worth so I don't really have any issues with their strategy beyond the obvious one of hating to wait.

So far personally I feel I am getting far more than my money's worth so...

<joking>

Please people stop saying that. The correct thing to say is "So far personally I feel I am getting precisely my money's worth so..."

If you keep saying you are getting more then your money's worth they are going to raise the prices. :D

</joking>

Yes sorry didn't mean to sound harsh, I think the cm series since cmbo has set the standard for tactical ww2 combat sims. I haven't seen the reasons for certain units exclusion (got a link?) and it's grated me in cmbn since early purchase that a fundamental formation like the FJ are missing, not to mention I had to pay extra just to get the British! ;)

Yes sorry didn't mean to sound harsh, I think the cm series since cmbo has set the standard for tactical ww2 combat sims. I haven't seen the reasons for certain units exclusion (got a link?) and it's grated me in cmbn since early purchase that a fundamental formation like the FJ are missing, not to mention I had to pay extra just to get the British! ;)

Perhaps in terms of quantity of content nothing has been decreased in that respect. Scenarios, quick battles and campaigns. Hours of game play is still there. But the focus has narrowed. Instead of being based on a complete theatre of conflict, the focus has narrowed to an operation. Took me a while to wrap my head around that, but it works me.

Count the number of distinct unit (company and battalion) types available in, say, CMFI, then count the number of distinct unit types in CMAK. There are more US units in CMFI than there are in CMAK, despite CMFI covering only 3 months while CMAK for the US covers 3 years.

Among other things; interesting units like the US Cavalry squadrons and battalions are now explicitly modelled in detail, whereas in CMAK they were notable by their abscence.

The focus has become more defined, but the depth has increased markedly.

• 2 weeks later...

New here, sorry if I missed something but I too was quite disapointed not to find the fj troops included in the $65 expanded purchase and after reading this thread the reason for the omission still eludes me. Someone mentioned that BFC already gave their explanation but where would I find this?

There really isnt an 'explanation' in so much as Fallschirm werent at place X at time Y. Everyone including BFC knows they were in Carentan, and in Market Garden etc. It came down to time, and other factors. Plus CMBO was meant to be the entire Western Front. One game, one front. CMBN is different. Unfortunate in some respects, but I like to new system better, it allows for greater detail etc etc etc. I really want the Fallschirm too mind you, but at least when Market Garden comes we'll have them, and also will have them retroactively, meaning you can fight normandy 'carentan' battles with them..