I have completed my 2nd mod, Fall Weiss II. I will be uploading it to the repository tonight as I've finished balancing and play testing.

Some quick notes:

- The game uses the base map from SC2 Weapons and Warfare.

- The smaller map means that the AI plays at lightning speed, and most AI turns last only 10 seconds to a 1 minute. It is pretty refreshing to play from Poland to Russia in one sitting!

- Added many of the decision events that have become mainstays on the WW2 campaigns that fit into the scale of this campaign

- Added new decision events

- National Morale features

- Expanded Naval Strategies

- Added some new countries

- Many In Game Variants for replay value

- Fighters and Carriers are back to single strike/interception

- Nearly All Battleships are 11/+1 Strength/Experience (On Map and scripted)

- All Carriers are 12/+2 Strength/Experience (On Map and scripted)

Some more on some in game features:

France aside, Italy is the only country in the campaign that will actually surrender from National Morale, as I could't see any of the other majors quitting the war without being totally overrun. If Italy loses all of it's National Morale objectives, including Italian East Africa they will be in position to surrender. However, I have set National Morale losses at such amounts that the success/failure of the Italian Navy will sway the country's morale up or down from the surrender point. If the Italian Navy is destroyed AND the objectives have been taken then Italy will surrender. However, significant Italian success at sea such (sinking Allied ships boosts NM) and more so survival of Italian ships should keep the Italians with enough NM to keep fighting on.

I also attempted to include decision events in such a way that none of them are automatic "Yes" because it really doesn't accomplish anything. Many of the decision events come at inopportune times, or no MPP value which means that you actually are only making strategic decisions.

Germany does not get the opportunity to upgrade any French ports. Rather there is an opportunity to place units on the French coast via decision event. I have done my best to create a window of opportunity for the German Fleet to try to break out into the Atlantic by creating this diversion off the French coast.

Germany and the UK both have simultaneous decisions on Naval strategy, and a subsequent "showing of your cards" at a later date.

Axis oil shortages are going to hinder German and Italian economies later in the game. This can of course be avoided if they can get there hands on some more oil.

Great stuff crispy131313 and I hope players to take this mod out for a spin as it will really show just how much the AI has improved from the original Fall Weiss map so many years ago.

Especially the AI speed as it might not be so immediately apparent on the bigger maps that SC uses these days, but you are correct, with the older smaller maps it is lightning fast :)

I'll gladly take an endorsement from the developer any day. Thanks Hubert

Before my Mod is even available I have upload "Fall Weiss II" 1.1

- Fixed a decision script for 7th Armour (UK) which would not pop up if Italy didn't join Axis before September 1940

- Added UK decision event Destroyers for Bases

- Removed Pro-Axis coup in Ireland (2%)

- Fixed Carrier Intercepts which were still set at 2

- Added Mine in UK to help offset the cost of expanded Naval game

- Added German Decision event for a counter offensive after France has liberated

Just downloaded the 1.1 and looks promising.

One oddity - when using the NATO symbols view rather than sprites the Germans become American and the Italians become German !

After a bit of investigation it is not just your Fall Weiss II which this is happening to but also the Fall Weiss and Fall Weiss Classic mods. In all instances what seems (in comparison to Storm Over Europe) to be missing is a unit_sprites_military.bmp and a unit_sprites_military_zoom.bmp from the Bitmaps folder in the campaign.

I have uploaded 1.2 now, and have included the NATO symbols as well as made some final changes to some units, and scripts.

This is a final version. I am satisfied now that scripts are 100% working, after I have finally fixed some scripts that had faulty condition positions. Of course if further balancing is needed I will update, but as of now this game looks complete.

so, enjoying v2.

Having said that... I am faced with a vast, apparently unbreakable wall of Russian corp. Is that deliberate? They were there right at the declaration of war. As-is, the Russian can be everwhere, all the time, and I can kill units at the rate of 3-4 per turn and still not make headway.

Fullscreen%20capture%202012-11-27%20202715.png

The Russian wall upon DOW is not intended. Just curious did you delay war with Russia, or do anything to significantly increase Russian mobilization prior to opening that front?

In my current game as the Axis, i'm in the late summer of 1943 and even though I'm at war on both fronts now, I'm still holding a line from Moscow to Rostov.

111111111.png

Russia "prepared for war" in late 1941 - I had read the mobilization scripts and kept my unit density as low as possible (but not too low) near the east. The turn after it prepared for war, I declared war and attacked. There was a popup about releasing reserves at one point, a couple of turns in.

As of now, the Russians report 130 units... which at this stage of the war doesn't make sense - it is unbeatable.

Acrashb, I think waiting until Russia was prepared for war was probably one of your mistakes. Russia gets a lot of MPP and if they were able to collect a high income all summer and fall at increasing war readiness percentages, and probably increased industrial technology over that course they probably were capable of spending a lot on units without fighting at all. For example, in the fall they were probably collecting 500-600 MPP which i'm sure was much more then Germany at the time. Also, by declaring war in Late 1941 there was probably too little time to make any headway in Russia before the winter, when typically, this time is a regrouping period for the Russians. I think preparing for a Late May- Early July DOW will give significantly different results if you start over with a new strategy.

Regardless though, for the next update I will adjust the Russians.

Here's a preview of the new approaches on diplomacy:

German Decision:

Mein Führer, Franco has permitted volunteers from Spain to join the Germany Army for the war on the Eastern Front. The volunteers will be officially known as the blue division. However, intelligence reports that Franco may be sending the Blue division to rid himself of intense fascists and anti-communists, while simultaneously repaying Germany for support during the Spanish civil war. If our intelligence is true, acceptance of the Blue Division into the German army may position Franco to further delay our requests of joining the war. Mein Führer, Shall we accept Franco's offer and permit the Blue Division into the German Army?

Uk Decision:

The leader of Spain, Generalissimo Franco has permitted a group of volunteers known as the Blue Division to join the German Army in the war against Russia. Both Stalin and Franco are watching closely for our reaction. Strongly condemning Franco's loose involvement with Hitler should help cool Stalin's temper, but would also damage our diplomatic relations with Spain. Alternatively, we could not react at all. However, Stalin's observation of our idle approach with Fascist Spain's involvement on the Eastern Front may cause Russia to be less co-operative with us in the future. Should we strongly condemn Franco for sending the Blue Division to the Eastern Front?

Italy Decision:

Il, Duce it has been reported in a letter from Franco that if Spain is to join the war there are lists of necessities they will require from Germany. It is advisable that we make preparations to assist in fulfilling these requirements that Franco will demand before entering the war. Il Duce, do you approve of sending military equipment to Spain? 10 MPP for 10 Turns.

crispy131313: I have traditionally (1939 Storm over Europe) sought to stretch out my DOW on Russia as long as possible - will try a mid-summer strategy instead in the next version of Fall Weiss. You are certainly right about making headway in winter - can't be done. I had hoped to get to spring 1942, but not going to happen.

Hubert: It was at all default for difficulty. Build limits would have been set to soft, although I no longer have the turn saves to confirm.

130 units - after significant attrition - is an amazing number, late DOW or not...

crispy131313: I have traditionally (1939 Storm over Europe) sought to stretch out my DOW on Russia as long as possible - will try a mid-summer strategy instead in the next version of Fall Weiss.

In my experience, sometimes an earlier approach can work best, if the Axis go all out, as then the Allies have had less time to prepare their counters.

I am currently play testing "Fall Weiss II" 2.1

I have made some changes to Russia:

- Reduced Russian mobilization from 20% to 15%

- Removed 1 Industrial Technology Research chit from Russia at game start

- Reduced some Russian AI unit scripts.

I have made many changes to how both the Axis and Allies interact diplomatically with each other, and with minor nations. I have attempted to integrate the following countries into a web of diplomatic actions and reactions: (UK, USA, USSR, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Sweden, Portugal)

I have changed the previously included variable War Entry scripts to be now mostly dependent on decision events made by Major Countries.

Added some new unit decision events, some of which apply to neutral countries who can now build forces prior to joining the war.

I will upload 2.1 soon after I have finished play testing.