Another update for anyone who plays this:

Still working on the new political environment i'm trying to integrate into my mod. I'm adding an additional 25-30 new decisions, and the subsequent events that follow, so the update is pushed back a bit further. Most of the new events focus on Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Vichy France.

Just to be clear, most event are not about about getting a country to 100% so they will join the war. I'm trying to introduce purchasing programs, foreign trade etc.

For example: On Turn 1 Germany has the option of expanding economic relations with Switzerland. Germany can choose to store plundered gold reserves in the Swiss bank, and through the Swiss can begin foreign trade with some nations such as Portugal, which results from subsequent decision events. Although as a precondition to trade with Portugal, Spain will have to be aligned with the Axis (at least 1% to create a trade route). And Portugal will of course will not participate if they are aligned with the Allies.

Expanding economic relations with the Swiss also allow Germany to purchase ground weapons, ammunition and small arms from Switzerland through a purchasing program. However, should the Swiss swing towards the Allies, the UK has the opportunity to pressure the Swiss to seize the German Gold Reserves, in which case Germany will lose a large amount of MPP. Subsequently, Germany will have the option to declare war on Switzerland and if victorious, will recover the same amount of lost MPP (in addition to regular in game plunder). But declaring war with Switzerland has it's own consequences on the political map.

So as you can see it gets pretty complicated but it's fun to sit back and think about the pros and cons of every decision you make, and there is more replay value when you always wonder if you made a wrong move.

A side note:

Although I really enjoy Fall Weiss II because of the speed of the game, much of what I've been building into this mod will be replicated in my other mod 1939 War In Europe for those who like the larger map.

I have uploaded "Fall Weiss II" version 2.1

641.png

Some Major Script Changes from 2.1 Include:

70 New Decision Events

50 New Mobilization Scripts

25 New Unit Events

Linked many War Entry Variable Scripts to Axis/Allied Decisions

Enabled Surface Ship Raiding

Lowered Russia's Initial Starting Values, and some AI unit Scripts

Now in this Mod the Major Nations will interact much more diplomatically and economically with minor nations. Minors can also build there Army's under the "Fog of Neutrality." So be aware when Military Decisions are executed minor nations will be better or worse prepared for war depending on the decisions made in game.

I will upload 2.3 very soon. I had play tested against the Allied AI the majority of the time, and now that the Axis vs AI game is done I have wanted to test against the Axis AI some more now. Thankfully the game moves very fast so it does not take much time to play a few games.

I will be uploading version 2.3 today

Some changes include:

Error fixes:

- Portugal Joining the Allies without proper in game variables

- Turkey joining the Allies without proper in game variables

- Iraq will now join the Axis unless the UK prepares Operation Sabine

- An Axis AI error where Germany would deploy Rommel in both Berlin and Tripoli if the Axis AI chose "no" to sending Rommel to Africa

- Eliminated the chance of Turkey joining the Allies before Russia was at war

- Fixed an error where Russian cruiser deployed outside of the Baltic Sea

Changes:

- Added some Axis AI German Naval unit scripts to make it more difficult for the Allies to win the war at sea

- Added some Axis AI Italian Naval unit scripts to make it more difficult for the Allies to win the Mediterranean

- Increased Axis AI aggression against Benelux, and France as Germany would previously react to slowly to defeat France

- Increased probability of American landings in Africa (Allied AI)

- Changed some Axis AI offensive scripts so they would not be cancelled due to in game variants

- Reduced Denmark corps to strength 1 (previously 3)

- Changed Axis AI diplomacy to better protect convoys and Foreign trade programs

Hi comsolut,

It would help me for balancing if you could give me some feedback on how some of the changes have effected the game for you. Answering any of these questions will definitely help me for my final update.

As Axis:

How far have you been able to push into Russia in 1941?

When were you prepared to DOW Russia?

How has the North African campaign played out?

How well has Germany done in the Atlantic?

Have you had have favorable results with foreign trade?

Has Allied intervention suffocated the German economy late in the war?

As Allies:

Were you able to clear the Atlantic of Axis raiders?

How has the North African campaign played out?

As Russia were you able to halt the German Advance in the Spring of 1942?

Were you able to suffocate Germany's economy late in the war?

Upcoming changes for version 3.0

- Carriers changed to 2 Strikes/Intercepts

- Added 1 UK Cruiser (Allied AI) Britain

- Added 1 UK Cruiser (Allied AI) Mediterranean

- Added 1 USA Cruiser (Allied AI) New York

- New National Morale Events (Spanish War Entrance, Stalingrad, Moscow, Cairo, Malta, Gibraltar, Success/Failure of Fall Blau)

- New Decision Event for Germany (Fall Blau)

- New Decision Event for USSR (Stalingrad Workers)

- New Unit Scripts (Fall Blau, Stalingrad Workers)

- Changed some Mobilization scripts (Turkey)

- Fixed some AI Garrison scripts for Minor Countries

- Changed some AI Diplomacy scripts

- Changed some AI Research scripts

- Added 1 Italian Tank (Strength 3) to Map

- Increased Chance of Free French naval units (Allied AI only)