E Tu Cosa Fai..?

And you...what are you doing ?

:D Well I was just screwing around solving a screencapture problem and goofing off.

Anyhow playing around while awaiting delivery of another computer.....

poster.jpg

Viva Il Duce!

CMFortressItalyDemo2012-10-1322-29-28-75.jpg

E TU...?

GraffitiModII.jpg

handpainted Viva Il Duce on the left and Be on the lookout for saboteurs on the right.

GraffitiModIII.jpg

No problem with the essentials from what I can see. Just experimenting now.

Here's the Big Red 1 showing how it's done.

Playing around.

Fun stuff.

GraffitiModIV.jpg

'Did you see that?'

GraffitiModV.jpg

I don't want to over do it with the slogans and posters and what I can see the game renders it properly on the front and back of a building-on the side it can appear backward since it uses the same bmp for both sides. 2 story buildings-Haven't messed with multistory yet. Graphics on a building doesn't appear to be like a decal on a vehicle where you give it a number and you can have the -say a poster treated like a decal -appearing randomly.

Anyone working on building textures? Go for it.

No telling where posters may show up.

In the past....

187776.jpg

or in future modules.:D

itp291.jpg

Yes you are correct on that and to illustrate your point it looks better on a smooth wall. Really crude stuff tonight-I think I figured out how to skew the poster. Still needs work on weathering. I just stuck on a smooth sidewall surface wall that showed my image backward-just copy and pasted and reversed. Poster of an Italian & German Soldier subjugating a 'Tommy'.

Hmm might get an argument from the 82nd on that.

Later, Gator.

82nda.jpg

Oh yeah before I forget-the requisite boilerplate (considering the subject matter) my poster mod are not a reflection of my political stance. This is strictly an experiment to add color and atmosphere to this WWII Strategy Game.

Love 'em! Posters are a problem, though, if the wall they are on gets blasted to rubble...the poster stays floating in mid- air!

Pasted an initial test. But this is an issue I still test for. Haven't tried partially destroyed or demolition charge blasted walls yet. The building destroyed here had posters and graffiti but nothing was hanging in the air after mortar and tank fire. The posters are the wall area it is replacing-the computer thinks it's just brick and mortar graphics since it isn't a file separate from the wall -it is a portion of the wall. But like I said I will be looking at this further.

What I will do is just confine it to small single story rare buildings-front and back bmp's.

Still thinking through how rare and what particular single buildings they will be on. Whatever I make and/or release will be in a BRZ format so it can be removed fast if there is an unforeseen issue.

Wall graffiti hardly stands out since until your close to the action. Posters stand out. Looking at photos of the Battles in Sicily and Italy is that you had very unadorned streets with just a bare touch of commercial and political advertisement or hand painted slogans. Wish this could be a 'flavor' object that you could just add to a structure.

Oh mjkerener that's your patch mod my 1st Division boys are wearing in my initial posts. Pants look good-no issue with variations.;)

destroyed.jpg

Pasted an initial test. But this is an issue I still test for. Haven't tried partially destroyed or demolition charge blasted walls yet. The building destroyed here had posters and graffiti but nothing was hanging in the air after mortar and tank fire.

That's because you created them directly on the building BMPS. There are actual flavor object BMPS set aside for posters, that's what MJ and Aris are talking about...there's a problem with them when buildings get destroyed. I don't think MJ realized you were placing textures directly on building walls. They look cool.

You can actually add new walls with the posters on them without over writing the stock textures...just add the next biggest number in the sequence. EX. If the texture ends at 10 for each piece of building...create your poster walls and end the file name with 11...it'll give you a whole new texture set to cycle through when you are making a map.

Mord.

Good Stuff! Ok I understand now-If the texture is on the wall bmp map-it's gone when it's destroyed. The down side to that though it restricts the number of times that building can be placed on a map since you will have the same poster and graffiti all over the place.

But by making it a flavor object-it hangs in the air after the structure is destroyed? But the upside is you get variety.

Correctomondo?

You can actually add new walls with the posters on them without over writing the stock textures...just add the next biggest number in the sequence. EX. If the texture ends at 10 for each piece of building...create your poster walls and end the file name with 11...it'll give you a whole new texture set to cycle through when you are making a map.

-Mord

The Sabatoge poster wall structure file is named building202-front (00).bmp I tried putting a space and a number like the tank decals and I didn't get a variation when using the same bmp with different posters. So do I number it building202-front (00) 2.bmp (there is a space before the number 2.)?

Good Stuff! Ok I understand now-If the texture is on the wall bmp map-it's gone when it's destroyed. The down side to that though it restricts the number of times that building can be placed on a map since you will have the same poster and graffiti all over the place.

But by making it a flavor object-it hangs in the air after the structure is destroyed? But the upside is you get variety.

Correctomondo?

Exactly. Though I believe there is a finite amount of posters because the flavor objects can't have more than the allotted amount...say 6 or whatever it is in the editor. Here's a link for doing extra flavor objects...unfortunately you'll never know what the game will use.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=101317&highlight=mord

The floating poster problem may get fixed eventually in a patch. It's been a bug for quite a while now. It's the same in CMBN.

The Sabatoge poster wall structure file is named building202-front (00).bmp I tried putting a space and a number like the tank decals and I didn't get a variation when using the same bmp with different posters. So do I number it building202-front (00) 2.bmp (there is a space before the number 2.)?

That's a good question. I haven't tested it myself so I was assuming it worked the same as CMSF. You could try that...with the space....or find out what number that building type stops at...if it has has slots for 202, 203, and stops at 204...make your new texture with the poster, building 205.

Mord.

If the texture is on the wall bmp map-it's gone when it's destroyed. The down side to that though it restricts the number of times that building can be placed on a map since you will have the same poster and graffiti all over the place.

Correctomondo?

yinYang.gif