what is being worked on?

I love it when I get a chance to correct Steve's recollections on his own games :D

Exhibit A:

R6EoE.png

And yes, this is the standard CMAK. I'd love to get my hands on the Aussie version though... it's the only Combat Mission game that is missing from my collection!

See he did it again! :)

As I recall the Aussie Army version of CMAK included Mainland Greece. AKA Tom W (if I have the name right) once started working on a beautiful Greece Mod package for CMAK but never finished.

I played the maleme airfield(hangs head in shame)many times,I tell ya if I'd have been there no way those FJR would've got it. :D.

The Aussies had most definitely buggered off to fight the japs by this point,IIRC they arrived just in time for the glory of the Kokoda,whilst my countrymen took a well earned break and trained up their own armour.

In fact the Kiwis had a bit of a mutiny when they sent some of the older vets home on leave and they then refused to return to Europe.They saw plenty of able bodied young men tucked up in so called dangerous jobs essential to the war industry getting paid more than 10 times a soldier.They figured they should swap places of course they were rounded up,court martialled,called criminals and cowards(after having fought through Greece,Crete,the Desert and Tunisia)and then shipped off to Italy.I grew up with two Uncles at odds with each other one labelled a coward who conversely ended up a decorated Warrant Officer who was refused a pension and another who never served.

In fact the Kiwis had a bit of a mutiny ... two Uncles at odds with each other one labelled a coward who conversely ended up a decorated Warrant Officer who was refused a pension ...

RUAPEHU wasn't Fraser's finest moment.

Edit: only formed bodies of Aussies in Italy that I know of were two RAF/RAAF Squadrons.

Not forgotten, but the French ... fought under American parent formations and were equipped/organized along American lines.

That's not quite right, is it? Juin's Corps was a completely French affair (albeit under 5th Army, but then so was X (UK) Corps), and while the organisation of most elements was basically US Pattern, there were at least the Goumier Tabors which were uniquely French.

That's not quite right, is it? Juin's Corps was a completely French affair (albeit under 5th Army, but then so was X (UK) Corps), and while the organisation of most elements was basically US Pattern, there were at least the Goumier Tabors which were uniquely French.

True enough, but the majority of the French were under the American umbrella of equipment/organization. Were there more of the Goumier Tabors in Italy than the number of Greeks in the 3rd Greek Mountain Bde? or what about the 43rd Gurkas? Don't get me wrong though, I want to see them all. :)

And the British X Corps was under 5th Army, but this was solely for command purposes...the Americans didn't equip them, nor did they follow American organization.