Mord/DC AAR#02 - Sicily Attack

Well played.

The scenario objectives evidently were the equivalent of telling the Italian player to "delay at all costs, without regard for casualties", and he Mord did it well--but would have lost if there were just a few more turns.

Thus, an excellent, razor-edged match.

The Italians are my favorite to play. In part, though the scenarios and QBs always try to be designed balanced, it is still so delicious to win with them--still having the bias that "the Italians don't win".

It is the opposite with the Germans and American Airborne, with the CW troops being in between.

I just rolled a random QB. Not sure if I am going to play it, but I have a battalion of Italian infantry attacking what I think is about a company of Allies. Weak Italians?-- the dozens and dozens and dozens of Italian mortars would likely be crushing

Thanks. LOL but I felt I sucked in this battle. It was very hard to keep eyes on DC's forces because just about any spot I had guys with any LOS came under murderous Mortar and AT fire, 'specially on my left flank. Whether to stay or pull back had me constantly arguing with myself. I could either stay and die or lose complete sight on what he was up to. Falling back wasn't much of a choice to begin with because it would've been more of the same, me in the low ground, with him dominating the heights (spur in this case)...so, like a dummy I lost quite a few guys to indecision and hand wringing.

In my eyes his attack was very smart and very thorough...with a tad more aggression he could've had me mopped up and body bagged by about turn thirty. His domination of about 70% of the map (from the outset) hamstrung me. LMAO! I was getting to the point where I was telling myself...OK if I can kill one AT gun I'll be happy, or one half track, I'll be happy. It was a fun battle even though I was extremely frustrated for most of it. I was pretty relieved when I was finally able to spring my half assed ambush. Just wish I could've taken way more of his guys with me.

Mord.

Thanks....we're about to embark on another one and this one will be a doozy...a large ME with a village as the objective.

excellent, keep em coming. I don't know that it has anything to do with it, but since the advent of CMFI we suddenly have multiple two way AARs. Definitely a nice addition to the forum, thanks guys.