Cover Armor Arc - Also Vehicles?? or Just Armor??

I know ... I could probably run a couple of tests ... but it is just so much easier to post it.

What will units open up on with a "Cover Armor" arc??

- Tanks (I think this is pretty obvious ... I hope it is a "YES")

- Tank Destroyers - YES??

- Armored Vehicles - (half tracks, Recon Vehicles etc ....) - ???

- Unarmored Vehicles - ????

- Guns and Howitzers - ????

- Bunkers - ????

Any help sorting this out is greatly appreciated.

It's amazing how infrequently I've used the Armor Arc in the new game. Maybe because of the relative dearth of infantry AT weapons? The tendency to play exclusively the offensive side? Movable way points- a couple of times.

me too! .... seeing all the bitching and moaning we did to finally get it. But I agree with you. I think it has more to do with the types of battles being fought and the equipment used to fight them.

It's not like you have a PT company with ONE 57mm ATG carefully hidden in a hedgerow to fend off a platoon of Panzer IV's.

But this command should be VERY useful in the Market Garden and Bulge modules. ..... not to mention Eastern Front .....

Yes. It's about the size of a walnut, if you are good, one day I might let you pet it. But you are rarely good, so really I don't have to worry about you getting your Geritol stained mitts all over my pretty, little mind.

And my complexion is off chalk white...in case you are taking notes.

Mord.

thejetset,

If it works like it did in CMx1, it should ignore anything that isn't an armored fighting vehicle (AFV). Targets usable for it range from tanks, TDs and assault guns, down through armored cars and armored halftracks (M2/M3 for Allies, Sd.Kfz. 250 and 251 for the Germans). It may or may not work that way, though.

Regards,

John Kettler

He's gonna crack up too...if we don't get the preservatives into him. It usually starts around the stitching where they sewed his eyebrows on.

Mord.

P.S. And that oughta catch me up to all the shots he's taken over the last week...LOL. Feels good to set goals and achieve them.