Airborne Infantry Pack Howitzers - Why in 43 but not 44?

It took considerable arm-twisting to convince Charles to include on-map 75mm pack in the game, he had to be shown concrete instances where it was used as a direct-fire weapon for troops that had nothing else to defend themselves with. Those instances existed in Sicily in abundance. Perhaps the same argument can be made for including them for Arhem on-map airborne too. I don't know one way or another, but on map 75mm pack may eventually show up in a CMBN patch or pack? There's also 82nd airborne during the bulge to consider too.

ah that clarifies it quite a bit. still though, you'd almost certainly assume if pack howitzers dropped with the airborne and the way that drop went at least in normandy that they would have been used in the direct fire role there as well? Perhaps Im wrong, I certainly cant think of any instances where I heard of them specifically used in a DF role in normandy. Im glad Charles relented, I love the gun =)

Honestly it shouldn't matter whether it was used as a direct fire weapon. There are lots of accounts of assaults on artillery batteries a la Brecourt Manor, Point Du Hoc, Anzio beachead etc, British Commandos etc... The guns should be available for the simple fact that they would make these scenarios possible. It doesn't matter if they were actually used in a direct fire role although there are many documentations that they were.

It took considerable arm-twisting to convince Charles to include on-map 75mm pack in the game, he had to be shown concrete instances where it was used as a direct-fire weapon for troops that had nothing else to defend themselves with. Those instances existed in Sicily in abundance. Perhaps the same argument can be made for including them for Arhem on-map airborne too. I don't know one way or another, but on map 75mm pack may eventually show up in a CMBN patch or pack? There's also 82nd airborne during the bulge to consider too.

Hmm what are the odds the editor will prevent their use on map after Sicily?