Tigers in QBs

I think using airpower w/o any means of defending against it is every bit as gamey, if not worse, than using Tigers. Why? Tigers have to work within ground level LOS constraints, where the airpower has no such restrictions.

While I do not have a lot of experience with air power - I have only tested it and had it used against me once. It is not really that effective against tanks. Of course if the big 200+Kg shell hits a tank - even a Tiger say good by. The trouble is they miss way more often than they hit. When I had an air strike used against me: sure one shell destroyed to HTs and half a squad hiding in the building it hit. But then the thing straffed a buttoned tank several times and missed the infantry that were in the open (the first time:-). After that it proceeded to strafe his infantry and honestly I think it took out more of his guys than mine.

If I had air strikes available and the other guy had a Tiger I would *not* be dancing in the streets I would be looking for additional ways to deal with the Tiger cause the air strike is a long shot - just like the other options:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that if you play as Luftwaffe (my current favourite right now due to the Panzer IIIs. Shame that the Pioneer squads don't have SMGs. Also, it's unsurprisingly risky business to blow up Priests and T30s with a demo charge, you don't want to be near them when they cook) you can get a strafe plane for 37 points and a fully kitted out fighter-bomber for 118 points! The strafe plane has 600x 13mm rounds and 150x 20mm rounds. The Jabo only has 1 bomb in addition to this, so the strafe plane is a bargain!

I will run tests and see how often the 20mm pops the engine deck of a Sherman. I've found planes to be devastating in the open terrain so far but this is very anecdotal.

<snip>I will run tests and see how often the 20mm pops the engine deck of a Sherman. I've found planes to be devastating in the open terrain so far but this is very anecdotal.

I would be interested in hearing your test results. I have only had the one experience and I really don't know what caliber my Sherman was being hit with. In my case I was actually giggling to myself after the third strafing run. It would be good to know if I was just lucky - or not.