Icon bug when splitting german squad

Here's a minor issue that isn't a game breaker or anything, but is kinda annoying to see.

O.k., first of all - If you have a PanzerGrenadier(motorized) squad, you have 11 guys, and normally they can only be split into 2 sections. However, if the squad has a schrek, you can split them into 3 sections. If you simply press the split squad button, it works fine, and you get an anti-tank team and two other sections.

The problem comes when you split them "manually". So, if you first split the squad by pressing the "anti tank" button, the schrek and rifleman split off, then you press "assault" or "scout" or whatever for the remaining guys, the anti-tank icon gets assigned to one the squads that isn't actually the anti-tank section.

Not a big deal, but can be a bit confusing when trying to track down which section has the schrek, since they have a normal infantry icon, and the 4-man assault section is labeled with an anti-tank icon.

Yeah. ;)

Something about the "C Team" is ALWAYS the anti-tank team or something. So, if you make an extra team and they're "C", then they get that icons.

I _think_ it's fixed in CMFI. Without being able to fire it up, I can't tell. I certainly don't recall running into it.

You can get around this by splitting the Assault team off first. This also ensures that the AT team doesn't get given all the damn hand grenades! They've got a Shreck fer crissakes, why would they be close assaulting? If you split the AT team second, they get the right icon. You can recombine A and B teams then, if you want (and have the leisure, like in setup) so you can split off a recon team, or make an even split.

• 5 months later...

I have noticed that bug too. However if i recall correctly, not only the shreck teams are affected but also the panzerfaust teams if you split them of a 3-team german squad. I think i saw that panzerfaust-teams issue when playing Barkmans Corner but i may be wrong and only shreck teams are affected. I will test that today.

Edit: okay, i was wrong. There are no 3-team german squads who carry just panzerfausts instead of shrecks. However if you split an AT team with panzerfausts of a 2-team german squad, they wont get the AT icon but just the normal infantry icon.