Tiger powerful in CMFI?

Hah. :)

Actually, in Sicily there's not a 76mm anti-tank gun to be had so Tiger's that much closer to being invulnerable. Of course Sherman has the same uber status when facing Italian 47mm anti-tank guns. Though both Tiger and Sherman display the same nasty habit of having their tracks shot away or optics smashed at the most inopportune times. A couple day ago I played a QB - two Tigers, I should have been the master on the map. Managed to get both of them immobiliezed by a rain of incoming fire just short of the victory objective. A gamey attempt to bail the tank crew to dash to the victory location just resulted in them being gunned down in a pistol dual with a bailed Stewart crew! :D

I understand one of the reasons why Germany didn't rush tanks to the Normandy beach head was due to 'lessons learned' in Sicily regarding placing your tanks within range of naval gunfire. Heavy cruiser artillery is a nice antidote to Tiger problems... but with rarity turned on they're expensive! At strict rarity fourteen thousand rarity points!

I understand one of the reasons why Germany didn't rush tanks to the Normandy beach head was due to 'lessons learned' in Sicily regarding placing your tanks within range of naval gunfire.

I don't think Rommel got that message. On the other hand, he seems to have been the only top German general who understood how difficult it would be to move forces around under Allied air superiority. Fact is, the Germans were pretty well screwed no matter what they did. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Only von Rundtstedt had the correct solution: "Surrender you fools!" Of course, that would mean a hangman's noose for the people he was talking to, so his advice was not appreciated.

Michael