H2HH still works for CMFI... Yeah!!

Doesn't work for me. I get the following error message:

Checking install at C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

Couldn't find the Incoming/Outgoing directories at: C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Game Files\Incoming Email, C:\Users\User\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Game Files\Outgoing Email

I think there's a workaround: point H2HH at the directory that contains the directory called GameFiles.

In CMBN, this is the directory called Combat Mission Battle For Normandy.

From what I've read so far (I don't have FI yet) the GameFile directory is now somewhere seprate under My Documents, so point H2HH to that place.

I'm still waiting for definititive information about where this is getting put before I update H2HH to know about it.

GaJ

Create a new game install name it CMFI make the installation directory this

C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

Your usual dropbox folder... and there it is. works just fine.

Sorry i miss informed.. this is the correct path C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy

not

C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

Thanks! Looks a little complicated but worth trying if it makes H2H games a lot easier to run. I will give it a go as soon as I've got CM:FI set up. I may ask if someone play can play a H2H game with me using H2HH once I've set it all up - just to prove it's working right.

Less complicated than it appears and a fabulous time saver for PBEM. The chat application is also really nice.

Just to summarize.

Until I release an update, you will need to manually "Install -> Add"

to tell H2HH about CMFI.

You need to tell it that CMFI is installed at:

C:\Users\"Your Name"\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\

In order for right-click->Start Game to work, you need to right-click->Edit Game

each game and point H2HH to the actual Combat Mission Fortress Italy.exe file, wherever it is that you installed that (in the "application name" part of that dialog).

Can we have a lock-and-sticky on this thread? It would be good to have the answer stay here clearly.

(Edit: actually, I might start another thread for this purpose)

Thanks,

GaJ