Anyone remember me ?

MickH

Greetings, I used to play Combat Mission a lot, like really a lot but due to a series of unfortunate events my mind is not what it was and I have many blank areas where I know stuff went on but nothing adds up.

I cannot remember my user name or names, neither can I remember much about who I played with but if I put down what I can recall perhaps someone reading this can recognise a fact or two that will help jog my memory.

I know I played CMAK and CMBB by PBEM and had many games going. I'm from England but never played with ,many English, mostly Dutch, some North Americans, Australians, Finns, French and a guy who lived on a boat somewhere ?

One guys wife had a daughter while we were playing named Hope.

One opponent worked in a solar power station.

Definately was playing a pbem called "Blut Und Ehre".

Was making a series of scenarios based on Barbarossa with someone.

Perhaps a little about myself, My names Mick, I was living in London, have three kids, work as a domestic appliance engineer which I still do.

Sorry to be so vague but thats about it, hopefully someone may remember me !

Sorry to be a late comer to the discussion. I have been around since the begining (sorry, I don't recall you either) but now have a new user name due to losing my password, and changing computers twice since CMBO.

I have a few suggestions regarding searching for yourself and your old user name. If you are still on the same PC, or have access your original one. Try dumping your old mail program database and doing some searching for anything related to Combat Mission. This might give you other user name, or your user name. You should look especially for any e-mails from battlefront which might have a message regarding your account or PM's you got on the board.

If that is a no go, try using the search function here for variations on your real name and see if you can come up with your old user name. Do you recall if you have a signature?

I see if I can think of any other ways to come up with the info. If you want you can PM me for help with the e-mail exporting. I have friends at work that do computer forensics who should be able to give me the low down in no time.

You have curly_wull as your nick for photobucket CM pics, and that user name pops up on the internet connected with Combat Mission - though I can't find anything relevant in the BFC forums relating to 'curly'.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KPGA1t3NHlEJ:forums.gamespy.com/historical_discussion/b49883/7465233/p2/+%22curly_wull%22+combat+mission&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I don't know you fella but good luck. I had a 3 day total memory loss after concussion when I was a kid. Apparently I was perfectly normal (OK OK) for the 3 days then it was like I woke up while I was walking with my mum.

It's a bit scary.

If you can remember your old email address I'd guess Martin (moon) might be able to find your old account.

FWIW I remember a discussion of that "flames to the sky on a bridge" issue in CM:BB but I don't know whether it was your image I saw it on.

Nevertheless there may be someone who remembers the thread where such things were discussed, or the nickname the issue got so you could find a thread you contributed to.

Hope you find something.

I know I played CMAK and CMBB by PBEM and had many games going. I'm from England but never played with ,many English, mostly Dutch, some North Americans, Australians, Finns, French and a guy who lived on a boat somewhere ?

Kettler mentioned recently that he used to live on a boat. But I suppose if he were going to remember you he already would have.

You have curly_wull as your nick for photobucket CM pics, and that user name pops up on the internet connected with Combat Mission - though I can't find anything relevant in the BFC forums relating to 'curly'.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KPGA1t3NHlEJ:forums.gamespy.com/historical_discussion/b49883/7465233/p2/+%22curly_wull%22+combat+mission&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Great advice, googled that nick and found loads of posts and stuff from all over the place. Curly_Wull is a nickname I've had since my early teens, 70's big hair days, given me by a fishing mate it stuck and I used it almost everywhere. Found some stuff on a back up disc relating to it a while back and used it to post on fishing forums again along with the photobucket account. Even found some cheeky fellow hotlinking some stuff from there too ! Had no memories of posting on Medal of Honour or il-2 forums though but the evidence is there !

I've reformatted this pc and changed ISP so that avenue is closed.