New file at the Repository: Right facing weapon silhouettes (2012-06-26)

Thanks, but like I said I first saw the flipped weapons in Juju’s mod. Being that I prefer the stock weapon silhouettes to Juju’s detailed ones I made this. If you prefer detailed then I recommend using Juju’s. Either way the right facing orientation makes better use of the negative space to accommodate the type so it does not cover the graphic. I believe BF should adopt this orientation as standard since it work out better with the type. This is a very easy change to make.

Erwin, I do no think it would work with Marco’s range/caliber weapon silhouettes as is. Marco’s would have to be flipped, and the range/caliber type would have to be moved. I recommend doing a print out to have caliber/range info available, and use Juju’s or mine for a less clutter looking GUI.

rightfacingweapons.jpg

I like Juju's weapons, but I really like having the info right there in the UI rather than on (yet another) piece of paper. I already have a fairly large file filled with the various CM data that is available now.

Try doing what real troops do in reality, which is memorize the data. My guess is you already know more than you think. For example if asked you what kind of ammo a Thompson fires, and Mp40 fires I’ll bet you could answer.

When I was in basic training the Drill Sgt’s would wake you up in the middle of the night to ask what is your 2nd general order. Immerse yourself in the realism. Drop for push ups if you get my Thompson, and MP40 question wrong to make it even more real.

I like things easy.

If I wanted to be closer to RL I would be playing CM inside the proverbial steel drum while mates banged on the outside with baseball bats and poured freezing cat urine all over me.

As I am certain all you "reality" types play. And hats off to you... :)