Command jeep

Playing the Last Defense scenario? I had the same problem. As I recall, a bazooka team can carry only four rounds. In a real situation, the jeep's occupants would be glad to hand over bazooka rounds in the jeep to any team that requested them. In CM:BN, though, the team has to board the jeep, acquire the rounds, and then leave the jeep. If the jeep has occupants, they have to leave the jeep so the bazooka team can board, and get back into the jeep to ride where they want to go.

It might be nice to unload the bazooka rounds from the jeep at some useful location, but CM:BN doesn't provide that option.

That they will. I have found that having a jeep where I need my zook team to be can be very unhealthy for the jeep sometimes. ;) I tend to take a good amount of time in my setups and make sure every AT asset I have is armed with all available rounds before I even start the game. I will also drain all the small arms ammo from any vehicles I can at this time. Normally, one squad in each platoon gets designated 'ammo squad' and is the back portion of my "two up - one back" attack formation. Generally this is also the squad that has the Zook as well, ready to provide mass small arms fire and infantry AT support where needed.

That they will. I have found that having a jeep where I need my zook team to be can be very unhealthy for the jeep sometimes. ;) I tend to take a good amount of time in my setups and make sure every AT asset I have is armed with all available rounds before I even start the game. I will also drain all the small arms ammo from any vehicles I can at this time. Normally, one squad in each platoon gets designated 'ammo squad' and is the back portion of my "two up - one back" attack formation. Generally this is also the squad that has the Zook as well, ready to provide mass small arms fire and infantry AT support where needed.

I tend to parcel out the ammo from transports in the setup phase, too. I spread it out on a team basis: assault teams get pistol calibre ammo, fire teams and H/MMG teams get rifle calibre ammo and AT teams get most of the ATRocket ammo (on the US side; for Germans, I spread the Faust 30s from halftracks around the assault teams).

This approach avoids overloading any one squad with extra ammo and spreads the risk of losing ammo along with effectives. It also allows the teams to spread out more.

Find a healthy squad without a bazooka. Split off an "AT section" and have it mount the jeep. Then use the Acquire command to get the zooka and ammo.

The same general procedure applies to any infantry unit at any time for getting ammo from the vehicles it's stored in. Teams are best for getting ammo, as they fit into smaller vehicles and don't always require the existing passengers to disembark. You can split a scout team and send it for ammo, then recombine it with the squad. Or you can put the ammo into the teams that can use it best.

Not all of this of course applies when you don't have a setup zone in the first turn. Then, only the units already mounted can Acquire ammo, and you'll have to do the distribution in the first couple of minutes, once you can move your troops around.