Interface suggestion - casualty flash

It'd be great if the flashing icon for a unit taking casualties lasted longer than the minimum fast-forward jump (so, longer than 5s) so that you can flick through potentially 'slow' turns without risking missing that a unit has taken unexpected casualties. It could flash for 7-10s, or until you click on the unit, or it could be parameterised so the user could set it for the length of time they're comfortable with, on the fly.

Not a bad idea.

I usually double-click on the leading HQ (e.g. Cpy HQ) so every subordinate unit is highlighted. I find the red shows up quite well amongst the green.

Red? Oh, you mean the "trooper bases"? Well, it's not so bad unless:

• You have a red-green colour vision deficiency;
  • The troops aren't on a green field, but inside a building where the 'base' gets stuck below the drawn floor, or in a "forest" environment with plant cover and brown ground;
  • The troop in question has been killed, when the marker is black and doesn't stand out even as well as red does;
  • The casualty is in a vehicle;
  • The team is tightly bunched and green bases are obscuring the red ones.

I sometimes have difficulty finding the casualties even when I know which team got hit, so relying on seeing the casualties on the ground to know I've taken hits isn't going to be very reliable.

It'd be great if the flashing icon for a unit taking casualties lasted longer than the minimum fast-forward jump (so, longer than 5s) so that you can flick through potentially 'slow' turns without risking missing that a unit has taken unexpected casualties. It could flash for 7-10s, or until you click on the unit, or it could be parameterised so the user could set it for the length of time they're comfortable with, on the fly.

+1 would be especially helpful for large battles.

What about not removing a casualty from the icons for that unit but rather put a red line through it to indicate a casualty (and perhaps it can flash for a few seconds if you have highlighted the unit).

At the end of a scenario, I never know how many men have actually been incapacitated as they disappear from the info boxes and sometimes from the map.

I like the little green/yellow/red dots but they also disappear after a while. Better to remain as red then I know how many men have taken casualties in the long run.

What about not removing a casualty from the icons for that unit but rather put a red line through it to indicate a casualty (and perhaps it can flash for a few seconds if you have highlighted the unit).

I'm all for anything that helps identify KIA & WIA. I spend way too much time reviewing a turn for casualties and still find myself asking "when the $@%# did he get hit?".

I'd like to see the icon turn red in the unit box like the lightly injured turning yellow, but I realize this could be a problem for those with color vision issues. A slash, or an "X" or a "KIA"/"WIA" stamp across the soldier's icon would be excellent.

Hopefully another item for the UI upgrade...