New file at the Repository: Mord & Darknight Canuck's Commonwealth Portraits (2012-04

It's here! Over 2000 Commonwealth and Base Game portraits for you WWII addicted freaks! Over a month in the making...two guys, hundreds of hours and many tears. Includes 100% all new material! Massively improved! A huge assortment of styles with division patches for all nations and all branches. Regimental and battalion patches for all Commonwealth forces.Hugely expanded Base Game Heer portraits. There's enough here to fight from Normandy to Market Garden. See the various READMEs for more info and thank yous...AND a HUGE thanks to Darknight Canuck for all his hard work helping getting this bad boy out!

More...

It's not even on the Repos so I don't know why it popped up. I didn't expect it to show up until the morning. If it doesn't show up come morning I'll re-upload it. I don't wanna do it now in case it's a glitch. I don't wanna have a bunch of versions listed.

If the Base Game update shows up and this one doesn't then something went wrong.

LOL I agree! I sincerely hope I don't find any more mistakes! But the bonus was I added over 100 new portraits while I was fixing stuff.

Mord.

Im having a problem installing the mod.

WHen I put the folder into the Z folder, it wont let me paste lots of the files because "the names of the files are too long". Am I alone in this?

I believe there was a similar post by another user. It seems it depends on progarm you use to unzip the file. The other individual found they could simply rename the zip file to "m" and were able to make it work. The alternative would be to ask the folks who are not having an issue which program they use, many of them are free.

boche, did sburke's suggestion work for you?

Yeah, Juju had the same thing. I had a problem zipping them last night so ended up using Winrar. My XP zip kept giving me errors. It was fine two days before but soon as I added the extra files it became a PIA. It must be something to do with the Brits and Canadians cause I didn't have that problem with the base stuff. If it keeps up I'll probably have to rename all the files.

Mord.

From the readme.

Instructions

-----------------

Just unzip and move a folder or files of your choice from the pack and place in your z folder.

All the folders have alternative portraits so you will need to change the names if you want to use them.

EXAMPLE: if you prefer any of the alternate portraits just erase everything from the suffix "_ALT" and back

To use "portrait usa armor_ALT 3rd Arm Div" you'd delete the "_ALT 3rd Arm Div" from the line. It will end up looking like

"portrait usa armor".

NOTE: Only put one type each of the various unit portraits in your z folder. EXAMPLE: 1 portrait usa armor, 1 portrait usa armored infantry etc.

Most of the folders have a default for each type...EX. a file you wouldn't have to rename...but what I'd do is place the entire folder somewhere other than the Z folder (if you are able) and then choose files from there. Copy files to the z folder would be better. That way you wouldn't have to worry about remembering which Div/Reg you used when you go to switch it out.

At the moment I am trying to create a version with shorter file names for those that are having problems. There's a lot of people that don't frequent the boards so I don't want them to feel left out if they can't extract the portraits. THIS IS An extremely tedious and time consuming process so it may take a while. There's over 700 I need to address.

Mord.

I just unzipped and moved to a Mord folder in my Z folder (yeah Mord you get your own folder). I haven't had time to look through the individual options yet, but will proabably before Broadsword and I start posting too much. I want my units to be reflected correctly :)

My first look Mord with just the default - simply amazing. I do worry about your sanity once we hit the eastern front.

At the moment I am trying to create a version with shorter file names for those that are having problems. There's a lot of people that don't frequent the boards so I don't want them to feel left out if they can't extract the portraits. THIS IS An extremely tedious and time consuming process so it may take a while. There's over 700 I need to address.

Mord.

Before you kill yourself doing this I may have found an alternative. I was playing around trying to figure out which portraits I wanted to use and figured I create another folder to unzip to in order to keep all the originals. What I found is I have an unzip problem depending on where I unzip too. If I just create a folder on my desktop and then use that to pick my files it works fine. If I try to do in in my CM folder I have issues. My suggestion to folks, create a folder on your desktop, right click and select unzip here. Then copy over what ever you want to use to a folder you create in your data/Z folder in CM for the units portraits you want and then rename them there.

Assuming this really is an alternative it would depend on folks actually reading your notes to know what they should do.

I just unzipped and moved to a Mord folder in my Z folder (yeah Mord you get your own folder). I haven't had time to look through the individual options yet, but will proabably before Broadsword and I start posting too much. I want my units to be reflected correctly :)

My first look Mord with just the default - simply amazing. I do worry about your sanity once we hit the eastern front.

LOL you ain't kiddin'...don't think I haven't thought about that either!

I am still finding mistakes with this one...well, more like some divisions I could add. at least for the US. So, I am prepping yet another version...may or may not release it before the MG module....haven't decided yet.

Cool. I got my own folder! And thanks...Hope you enjoy.

Mord.

P.S. Was it Broadsword who had the dad that served in the 29th? Or do I have the wrong division? If so, there's an extra 29th Big patch Alt. Guy has some writing on his helmet.