A newbie with questions

Tab? I think it is ctrl.

Tab locks on to the selected unit and puts the camera behind them. CTRL + Click puts the camera directly above where you clicked on the map.

The saved views thing would be great, but really I would just settle for a 180 degree flip hotkey. Turning the camera all the way around when you are zoomed in is a real pain/mild inconvenience.

Actually, I would pay exactly $3 for a DLC that makes the camera control exactly like the one in Shogun 2 :D That puppy handles like a dream.

V flips the view!? This. changes. everything.

Hey, I just found you could set facing orders and targeting arcs from each individual waypoint as well as changing the waypoints without deleting the entire order back to the one you want to change. These things might be in the manual if someone literate has read it.

Dude! Are you for serious!?!? You really hang out on their game forum to say its pathetic that they don't have flamethrowers? You are pathetic. Where is your flamethrower btw?\

And why do all these people hang out here so they can keep chiming in that whatever topic that came up is how it is because it was like that in SF?

Awww....did I poo-poo your little game? It will be ok Breezy dude, here's your blanky.

:

vonRocko,

Can't you do better than that? Oh yeah....

How can I hope to match your rapier wit. I can't compete with lines such as "you're pathetic" or "where is your flamethrower". I mean, those were brilliant comebacks!

"And why do all these people hang out here so they can keep chiming in that whatever topic that came up is how it is because it was like that in SF?"

How can I top someone who can write a sentence like that? Obviously, you have a brilliant command of the english language.

Perhaps, you can defend a game without personal attacks, but I doubt it.

How can I hope to match your rapier wit. I can't compete with lines such as "you're pathetic" or "where is your flamethrower". I mean, those were brilliant comebacks!

"And why do all these people hang out here so they can keep chiming in that whatever topic that came up is how it is because it was like that in SF?"

How can I top someone who can write a sentence like that? Obviously, you have a brilliant command of the english language.

Shoo! Back under yer bridge troll-thing!

ya v flips. IIRC z returns view to normal or zooms out. I believe X zooms in and C is wide area view. If Im wrong about the actual key, its those keys in that bank.

plus and minus keys will go through your units...

numeric keypad will move your view in whatever direction (as in panning the camera)

if you shift plus click on units you can select multiple ones by just clicking on the unit.

you can drag and drop to 'lasso' units. also double clicking on a unit will highlight it and other units in the same formation as it.

Also its good to use the hotkeys to shift the trees - i usually operate in 'tree limbs only' but its good to

A. turn the trees full on when looking over a plan - it helps you see some impossible LoS situations

B. If your fighting in a huge woods or something, to turn them OFF momentarily to better issue orders. I've often noticed in huge woods my move orders will get stuck on an intervening piece of terrain (like a tree trunk) and therefore select a tile way short of what I wanted..

Mine weren't come backs, mine were making fun of you for being here doing what you are doing. The game doesn't need me to defend it I just couldn't help from teasing your silliness.

heheh, lol, I TAKE OFFENSE THAT ANY ONE MIGHT IMPLY THAT I WOULD GET IN A SLAPPING MATCH!

sburke,

You are a wise man. You even live in the best city;) I will heed your advice. I have been meaning to get over there to get myself in a game I just haven't known who to insult with first. If someone wants to continue these ... eer discussions of other peoples characteristics, with me or anyone else, it would be more appropriate to move it there and direct the discussion towards peoples lack of tactical prowess. But if I exchange unkind words with anybody on there they are spineless if they dont meet me on de battlefield to settle it.