How many of us are there????

Steve/Charles,

I've been curious just how many people are there now registered on the CM board? Seems like I'm seeing more and more new names every day here on the chat page, so I was curious if the number of us here on the board is 100, 500, 1000, or what? Thanks.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Ssnake

Uhhh - this sucks !

With the exchange rate of USD vs Deutschmarks being that high - and I don't even get the posters !

------------------

PGP key ID: 0xBCD59BA1

I strongly recommend the use of encryption software for e-Mail contacts. Ensuring privacy makes people feel better :o)

Guest Big Time Software

Not to worry, it is only $400 per CD smile.gif Kidding of course!

There are a couple hundred people registered for this BBS. We figure about 5 lurkers for every poster, so maybe 1000-1500 people reading stuff here at least from time to time. I know I get emails from people all the time (like as in 3 minutes ago!) that show they are reading the boards, but they aren't posting. This is fine with us as there are plenty of messages for us to respond to as it is wink.gif

Steve

Wow. I never would have thought there could be so many lurkers. I know there are some here that poke their heads up every now and again, but if anything, I would have thought that we would have outnumbered them by 2 to 1 or 3 to 1, not the other way around.

OK, all you lurkers out there. Stand up and make yourselves known so you can all be counted now. smile.gif

PS: Doug, even though you have apparent multiple personalities, you still only count for one person. That is of course unless you actually have 6 heads as well, in which case we might have to make an exception. wink.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

I also have been a lurker since WWWAAAAYYYY back. I check in several times a week to see whats going on. I was a huge ASL fan but feel that most people putting up posts are far more knowlegable than me and have been getting all my questions answered for my lazy lurking butt. And of course many questions I never thought of.....you're better off with me in the background...trust me on this

------------------

(sales pitch mode on)

Why not pre-order?

You get a nifty free poster if you pre-order before the beta comes out.

And if you don't like what you see in the beta, you can always cancel your order.

Pre-order now, you'll be glad you did.

(sales pitch mode off)

Jason

Great to hear from all of you lurkers out there. Err, well the ones that spoke up that is. smile.gif I guess a lot of folks probably just come here and read what's going on and are not even registered to post. Which is fine too. The important thing is that we all share a common interest and that we are all going to get "treated" to a great game when it comes out regardless of whether you are a "self proclaimed big-mouth" like myself, or a lurker extrodinaire. wink.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

Have'nt opened my big mouth here yet, allthough I've been lurking here every day for months? - nothing intelligent to say. But managed to point some of the Campaign Series guys on Talon Softs board in the right direction by talking about CM as the "next generation" in wargaming. Even got one of their senior testers to have a look and come up with a very favourable comment - all of the above without being kicked off that board! Miracles happen. Does'nt seem to matter anymore though :)

Like the fact that you guys have the confidence in the quality of your game that you even seem to encourage discussions and comparisons to other games. Don't like censorship - Go Battlefront!!

AHA, there you are you sneaky Johan, you! smile.gif

Yes, it's true, there are some of us keeping a close eye. If this game works, it will ultimate;y change the Wargamming world IMO, BUT!!!! The Campaign Series games are still OUSTANDING and are a different breed of wargamming. The Close Combat games are a hell of alot of fun as well, but still all of them different from eachother, which I why I play them and when CM comes out, I'll play that too. It looks outstanding so far guys, keep up the good work. ;)

Von Edward Das Baron

Guest Big Time Software

hehe... and you snagged a straight up name for your user name too! I am sure lots of other Scotts have tried and got back the message "Sorry bub, try something else" wink.gif

Glad to have everybody here, lurkers and posters as well. NOTHING wrong with lurking, unless it is outside some lady's window in the dead of night wink.gif

Steve

lol - I have too many aliases now to keep track of (ie, I'm Guderian616 on the Zone, _Osiris_ on Battle.net, etc)...I decided I'd just go by my first name for this board! I just have to compliment you on your site and the way you do business...too bad not everyone cares about their customers like you do! (of course, then you might have some competition, rather than a bunch of devout followers....)