only a consideration for CMN:

I know that this topic is not important for most of you, but I was wondering one thing for developers: special effects.

I was expecting something more honest, now I understand that this is not the most important point of the game, pointing to the realism, but are the same special effects that were in CMAK.

I'm a fan of CM, and I think it's the best game of his class, but is not it time to update this aspect, which undoubtedly is not the most important, but that could extend the game a lot?

We should expect something in the future? (Maybe a nice update);););)

hello all

Not sure what you're referring to specifically - ie. Muzzleflashes ? Explosions ? Tracers ? Rain ? Dustclouds ?

The first 3 I mention have been attended to by the genius modders, not sure about the rest. Unless you are referring to something else I haven't thought of, but really, you need to tell us more about what you're thinking of.

right.

I was referring to all the special effects: I know that there were some nice mod, but I would not only change the skins, but the actual content.

Explosions, smoke, dust etc. muzzle flash tracer.

When an artillery shell bursts, it generates a huge amount of smoke, I was mountain artillery lieutenant and was shooting with the 105mm ,from what I remember, the 105 did a good show of smoke, therefore, time of dissipation of smoke and improved 3D models is not enough, in my opinion, textures put a "smoke "2d" and make it appear on the ground, is not sufficient.

small arms are not those evil flames in front, but smoke .. it would take a bit more realism.

Hi all

Would be nice to have the Crocodile, talking of realism an all, twas a major British asset after all. BF seem to fall between two stools, extolling the realism of their detailed models TO&E's, game system etc, but then happy to remove key weapons effects saying it is hard to model. Personally, unless graphics are a vital game function, whether a tank has random stowage or the Gefreiter looks cool running with his slung Panzerfaust is irrelevant. I used to get thoroughy immersed in Tac-Ops or TOAW, then again I have a very vivid imagination.

Yes Sailor, there is quite a schizophrenic mindset relating to this game. No flame throwers, gun elevation, beaten zones, covered armour arc, short halt shooting, only rudimentary engineering capability but gee I can see the internal dials on my Sherman, or, hey that Pz IV has a bucket hanging at the back. Like the game but just wish it did not straddle two stools so often, but as I said I often am in a minority!