Who's grass mod should I use?

I recently upgraded my rig from a 6 year old Athlon to a i7-2700k/GT560. I never did much modding because I had all the video settings at faster/less quality. And I figured mods were eye candy and those details would never really showed up any way.

I did use 2 mods - grid lines and no music at start.

In my first game on the new machine, I zoomed on the sole of a boot. Holy cow! I am impressed. I was expecting to see a wafflestomper and was a bit disappointed by the pattern, but realized it was accurate for the time period.

Who's the best modder and what do ya'll recommend?

I'm using Ari's HD presently as well. Vein's terrain mod is pretty nice too. There are elements from each terrain mod that I have preferences for, but it is such a PitA to go through picking out the individual files for customization. It is possible to do it though.

I wish I had a better rig than my 7yr old one I have so I could try Aris terrains as I think they look very impressive from the screens I have seen of them.

For those with lower power rigs as I have I recommend using a low-resolution mod such as Wolfe’s low shimmer terrain to improve FPS. I personally use a low resolution, grirdded (khaki colored) version I made of the Syrope terrain mod from CMSF.