Canadian units?

Will Canadian units be included in CM or Will it just Be British, American and German. and Will all Commonwealth Infantry weapons be featured like The LEE ENFIELD RIFLE, STEN GUN, BREN GUN, VICKERS HMG and the P.I.A.T., Oh and when is the planned realase Date for this Absolutly amazing looking game. Thanks a lot smile.gif

p.s CM rules

Unfortunately, due to Liberal cut backs these Units will consist of the following:

-Sling Shots replacing Rifles

-Beer Cans (Shake and Throw) replacing Grenades

-Value Village Apperal replacing Combat Fatigues but, 'Includes TShirt that reads " Billigaulism Werked Fore Us!"

-Turbans replacing helmets

-Loblaws Bag (Canadian Grocery Store) replacing kit bag

-Ferry repellent no, sorry the liberals took that away...

and last but certainly not least

Big Canadian Flags to wave on the battle field!

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Guest Big Time Software

We'll have the Canadian units up and running just as soon as we can record the voice sound effects for "Ehhh, take off you Nazi hosers!" smile.gif

(By order of Poor Bilingual Department of Ottawa: Partez, vous de mauvaises personnes faites de tuyau en caoutchouc!)

wink.gif

Charles

Guest Big Time Software

Charles is just poking fun at our Neighbors To The North smile.gif In the mid 1980s there was a comedy team (from the Second City TV show) that made two "true" Canadian characters named Bob and Doug Macenzie (sp?). They promoted every single Canadian stereotype that they could find smile.gif The pharse Charles used was something they would have said.

BTW, did you know the history of how Bob and Doug characters were created? Something like Canadian television programs have to have a certain degree of Canadian content. Second City took some heat from the authorities for not being Canadian enough. Their response was "What is Canadian anyways? Are we supposed to talk about hockey while drinking beers in parkas and tukes, burping and saying "eh" and "hoser" all the time?" They thought the idea was so funny that they did in fact do that smile.gif They had a great album (12 Beers of Christmas and Beer Hunter are my favorites!) and a cult classic movie "Strange Brew".

OK, that was way too off topic, but we shouldn't leave our other Northern friends out of the loop smile.gif

Steve

I'll second SGTRock on the fact that the States would gladly take Ontario. Great place. I grew up on the south shore of Lake Ontario and made many forays around both ends of the lake (Niagara and the Thousand Islands) into the great white north. Camped in Algonquin Park north of Toronto -- lots of black bear. Toronto may be my favorite city after Pittsburgh. We used to drive up just to buy cases of Bradours and bring them home -- 4 hour beer run!! smile.gif

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.

To Da Swede,

Please follow the link below to experience Bob & Doug McKenzie exerpts, sounds, songs and pictures.

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~niklas/BDM/bdsounds.htm

Above you see I use "Da" in place of "the". It is mostly used by Bear fans (most reside on da south side of Chicago) and most often used to refer to Da Bears.

Below you will notice a salution oft times used by Bob & Dog Mckenzie as a greeting. Personally, I like to close a conversation by saying, "Have a Good Day". If I am feeling Wild & Crazy, I will enhance it by saying "Have a Good Day - Eh".

Good Day,

Richard Kalajian

Gotta love you Pixman.

Similar to the 4 hour beer run, my brother and I used to drive from the middle of Virginia up to Pennsylvania just to load his pickup truck with Genesse (spelling anyone?) 12 Horse Ale and Cream Ale.

I think our peak was 34 cases on one trip (orders from friends you know). The tough part was a person could only buy 4 at a time (weird PA laws). So we had to find 5 different stores. And covering it all in the back of his truck so the troopers wouldn't stop us coming back south with the brew.

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 09-28-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

No dice Sgt Rock. I take my 4.5 hour beer trips to Quebec to pick up my favorite beers. If any of our politicians got control of any part of Canada, Budweiser would quickly become the only beer available (money talks, and they have LOTS of that smile.gif).

Steve

No dice!

No, way! and as far as beer goes you just gotta move closer to Ontario smile.gif

We make the best Beer in Canada...

Sorry man, but you guys gotta follow through now I heard Dar, has top connections with the White Horse..(Sorry not Hilary..uh) The White House! I want my Greencard, Virginia is calling me!

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "