XO and HQ support teams role?

What do you guys do with these small squads? They usually have radios.

Am I right in thinking I can use them as C&C ‘boosters’? Putting them between squad HQ’s and higher HQ’s behind the lines to maintain C&C.

Or have I missed a bit in the manual? :rolleyes:

If the Coy HQ is destroyed, XO will fill that function. Beyond that, a lot of folks use them as medics. You can always put them in the firing line, obviously.

I don't believe XO will act as an interim link between a section / platoon HQ and the coy HQ.

I like using them as FOs. Frees up my Plt. and Coy. HQs to move around and lead men.

It's also worth remembering that these units have binoculars. It's often useful to just put them in a covered spot with good observation -- you'd be surprised what you'll discover sometimes if you just let a unit with binoculars sit somewhere and observe for a while.

I just keep the XO [smithers]....next to his HQ [Mr Burns] at all times. There are also many threads discussing this issue on the forum.

Really? I keep the XO far away from its HQ unit in case they both get the same piece of lead falling on them.

I, too, tend to keep the XO "in a secure location" like the VP in case anything happens to the CO. But what I find useful is the HQ Support Team, since it has jeep, radio, binos, a jeep packed with ammo, and usually a kick-a** first sergeant in command. Great for leading a patrol, scouting and recon, and artillery spotting.