New file at the Repository: Mord's Commonwealth Turtle Helmets Only Mod (2012-03-22)

It's all up to you...GSX wanted an all turtle helmet for the Brits, it was simple enough to apply so I figured why not do all three. Give people a choice. The helmets are within their nationalities as the game applies them...by that I mean the Canadian and Polish mdrs are not pointing to Brit turtle helmets they are pointing to their own.

According to Chainsaw (in Ben's helmet thread) a mix seems to be the most historical.

Mord.

I didn't have a previous helmet mod, but it's pretty basic, which ever nation you put in the z folder will have turtle helmet only. Whichever nation you leave out will have random helmet types.

Mord.

GSX wanted an all turtle helmet for the Brits, it was simple enough to apply so I figured why not do all three.

And very nice it is too, especially in conjunction with Bens Camo Mod. I have a nostalgia thingy for the Turtle as when I joined we were issued the Mk5 which isnt very different. I dont think I got the more modern Brit helmet until 1993.

And very nice it is too, especially in conjunction with Bens Camo Mod. I have a nostalgia thingy for the Turtle as when I joined we were issued the Mk5 which isnt very different. I dont think I got the more modern Brit helmet until 1993.

Glad you like it. Enjoy.

Mord: I was going to mix and match but of course we can't explode your .mdr files, so it's either yours OR the previous mod (sorry I forgot the author) then.

LOL you are driving me crazy, Erwin! If you want to mix and match don't use this mod. The game mixes and matches for you already. Ben's mod textures all the helmets. This mod was for guys that didn't want to use that goofy helmet at all...the one that looks like a bowl with a big lip. MkI? Didn't want it in their game no way, no how...ever ever ever...and ever...

All these mdrs do, is tell the game to point the goofy helmet to the turtle helmet which in turn makes all helmets into turtles...depending on what nations you place in the z folder. If you only place the BRIT MDR in the z folder it will ONLY make the Brit helmets turtle...Polish and Canadian will remain random using all helmet types. These mdr files are code, nothing more. There are no textures. They use stock textures or Ben's textures if they are loaded in the z folder.

LMAO...it's really, really simple but you are complicating it by over thinking!

Ok...so, IF you want random helmet types, with random textures, all you have to do is put Ben's mod into your z folder.

PLEEEEEASE tell me you understand now!!!! LOL.

Mord.

P.S. Plus what akd said...

Yeah, yeah... I just needed confirmed clarifications is all. Have learned to not assume anything, and to triple check everything. My philosophy is if it's possible to misunderstand something, it will happen. It's a personality/character thingy...

Thanks for your patience. Didn't mean for it to sounds like I wuz busting yer balls.

Hi Mord!

I just have a request!

Could you make a mdr.files for Commonwealth MK II helmets only Mod for each country as you did for turtle helmet?

It was very nice to obtain Polish only MK II for Normandy, and Canadian & UK MK II for Italy "SDP" mod, I'm looking to mod some MK II for Italy theatre with different paterns! Thanks

Pat

Norrmally I nag modders about bright label/symbols on their uniforms and helmets.

But, since my dad was Polish I know how stark staring mad they all were - acting like they were fighting in the 19th century, and it's quite likely they'd go into battle with bullseyes on their heads. So, well done on the historical accuracy mord!

Ok, new version:

Norrmally I nag modders about bright label/symbols on their uniforms and helmets.

But, since my dad was Polish I know how stark staring mad they all were - acting like they were fighting in the 19th century, and it's quite likely they'd go into battle with bullseyes on their heads. So, well done on the historical accuracy patboy!