WIP - The Road to Carpiquet Campaign

Eek! I wouldn't do that as you'll be missing out on some great stuff. I'm not doing a campaign for Sicily because I don't have the time to do one properly just now but the three guys who are doing them have a lot of experience making campaigns. JonS made most of the campaigns for CMSF as well as 'Courage and Fortitude' and 'Panzers Marsch!' (but not NATO - they were mine), Normal Dude made the most popular of all the CMSF campaigns (Task Force Panther) as well as 'TF Engels', and FMB made the extremely popular 'Devil's Descent' campaign among others.
I see, I shall reconsider. :D Still your maps are the best ones for my taste.

• 1 year later...

Bump away, Myles...I was wondering exactly the same thing this weekend as I was reading Hubert Meyer's history of 12th SS PzDiv Hitlerjugend. I would very much love to see a campaign centered on the fighting around Caen...preferably from the German side, but I don't know if that's gonna happen.

I have mad respect for guys like Paper Tiger, GeorgeMC and so many others that put so much effort into making these fantastic campaigns! When the kids leave the house and I'm retired, perhaps I'll aspire to their level. Until then...keep 'em comin'!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not PaperTiger's project but this is still being worked on by yours truly. :) Different focus, since it's only about Operation Windsor and covers the 36 hour period of that fight. Still at least brushing up again what PaperTiger was working on.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118368-campaign-wip-operation-windsor-carpiquet/#entry1585328

• 7 years later...

Well, sad news. I lost all the maps when I had another catastrophic hard drive crash around 2016 (it literally burned out). Funnily enough CD storage is not as permanent as I once though. Disks corrupt quite quickly out here in Indonesia so the back-ups were useless and the flashdrive I was using back then was wiped and given to my sister-in-law before the crash. 

However, I found the research materials I used at the weekend which had all my notes in it with campaign OBs for both sides for all the completed missions as well as some hand-drawn maps so it's not impossible I might be able to reconstruct this from scratch. It might be shorter than the above but we'll see.

I feel a certain obligation to finish this as it feels unresolved and that irks me but if it's too much work, well, we'll see. It's a massive pain to lose all that work. Nan Red, Tailleville, the Going to Church mission, the assault on Carpiquet and the finale were all finished with multiple attack plans done. But with the hand-drawn maps to help me, I guess I could remake them all in time.

19 minutes ago, Paper Tiger said:

I feel a certain obligation to finish this as it feels unresolved and that irks me but if it's too much work, well, we'll see. It's a massive pain to lose all that work. Nan Red, Tailleville, the Going to Church mission, the assault on Carpiquet and the finale were all finished with multiple attack plans done. But with the hand-drawn maps to help me, I guess I could remake them all in time.

Take a look at my Carpiquet Campaign from years ago and feel free to tie it in if you wish. Or steal the maps. :) I've wanted to one day go back and shorten it a bit actually. Cut off some of the branching possibilities, remove the first mission that was a night recon that never really worked. Also probably just one big German counter attack from the 1SS on the night of 4th / 5th July, rather than multiple.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cm-battle-for-normandy-campaigns/the-lions-of-carpiquet/

I wouldn't STEAL your maps.😄 I guess that's one possibility if I find the task of remaking these maps too onerous. The Nan Red map wasn't particularly big and was a lot of fun to make but the large Tailleville and Carpiquet maps were both a lot of detailed work. I'm in the process of expanding a map for the USMC campaign and it's taking ages, that's three days work and it's 75% complete - I start to H-A-T-E a map if it becomes too much work :D at least until I start playing on it anyway and then I appreciate the effort.

If I DO indeed borrow from you, don't worry, I would give you the credit. ;)