Surrender Question

The pictures show two U.S teams with their hands in the air and friendlies adjacent. There are now 24 minutes left in the scenario and they've been this way for at least the last eight minutes and possibly longer.

How long should it take for these guys to give up? The HMG team still has possession of the MG and I don't really want to leave them to run around free behind my lines.

I can't get the pictures to post... :( here are the url's:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/mjt1229/?action=view&current=HMGSurrender.jpg

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/mjt1229/?action=view&current=AmmoBearerSurrender.jpg

I have had surrendered units that went for practically the whole game. So far as I know, to be removed they have to be "captured" by one of your squads. There have been times though, that I have had one of my squads in the same action square with a surrendered unit and they weren't removed even after a few minutes, so there may be a bug somewhere.

Unless a friendly unit makes contact and rallies them, I think they will stay that way, and not pose a threat to your troops.

Either way, they haven't posed a problem for me yet, and I tend to ignore them.

So far as I know, to be removed they have to be "captured" by one of your squads.

The ammo bearer (2nd picture) is kneeling atop the zug commander. Before I moved the HQ into the building, there were three smg-armed scouts in a triangle around the guy. I don't know how much closer they can get. .

In the other picture, I've ordered the squad into the same action square, had them surrounded on three sides and I've tried to get multiple teams to fire on them... all to no avail obviously.

Unless a friendly unit makes contact and rallies them, I think they will stay that way, and not pose a threat to your troops.

Either way, they haven't posed a problem for me yet, and I tend to ignore them.

I doubt there's much chance they'll be rallied. Guess I'll ignore them, too. I've more pressing needs than babysitting POW's. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you can nail them with HE area fire from a tank, havent done it for a while so I cant remember whether:

a) It actually worked

or

B) It was just a crazy idea that failed so miserably I chose to forget the outcome

I know its cruel to the pixeltruppen, but if they will waste my sqauds time over more than 5 turns, they are asken for a blasten >:-)

In the CW module you dont need to worry about surrendering, because so far the axis forces you come across appear to be mainly SS and Hitler Youth, which just do not give up at all, so no feeling guilty about a bit of HE tidy up!

If you want the pictures to appear paste the IMG code of each picture in with your post.

Thanks, but I tried the img code...typed in as:

?action=view&current=HMGSurrender.jpg

^^^Trust me, I tried it again in this post^^^

Thanks for your reply, but I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

The unit accepting the surrender has to be in command. The surrendering guys disappear, simulating that they've been passed up-chain and out of the area. If the accepting guys are not in command, then they surrendering guys can't get passed.

All the above is "as I understand it" and may be wrong. :)

Ken

The unit accepting the surrender has to be in command. The surrendering guys disappear, simulating that they've been passed up-chain and out of the area. If the accepting guys are not in command, then they surrendering guys can't get passed.

All the above is "as I understand it" and may be wrong. :)

Ken

Ken, the guys in the foxholes are one action square away from their HQ unit in the building picture. I just went back and checked; they are in voice command.

Maybe that's why they wouldn't shoot the pow's when I ordered them. :D

The ammo bearer (2nd picture) is kneeling atop the zug commander. Before I moved the HQ into the building, there were three smg-armed scouts in a triangle around the guy. I don't know how much closer they can get. .

In the other picture, I've ordered the squad into the same action square, had them surrounded on three sides and I've tried to get multiple teams to fire on them... all to no avail obviously.

I doubt there's much chance they'll be rallied. Guess I'll ignore them, too. I've more pressing needs than babysitting POW's. :rolleyes:

Watch out, I've had surrendered enemy units "unsurrender" if they're not surrounded by my guys, and rejoin the fight.

You're better off area firing and committing some war crimes if it comes down to it :cool:.

I've really enjoyed this one... runs CMBN at all of the highest settings. And, since CW came out, it runs at 30 fps or better... at least it seems to most of the time. Plus, I'm also using Ari's hi-def mods

Someone on the tech forum had mentioned putting together a benchmarking scenario to figure out the optimum settings for nvidia cards; I hope this happens.

I also need to run the game through the fraps benchmarking so I'll have a better idea. I just know that whenever I look at the fps indicator on-screen it seems to be running between 25 & 45 fps.

Edit: I just ran a couple of turns through fraps... I average 36.5 fps, with a minimum of 23 driving through the woods, upwards of 50 through open terrain.