Burning wreck on map?

It will work for the largest building sizes. The vehicle in question needs a tile that is completely inside. No walls allowed.

Burning vehicles inside(or outside) buildings make very nice illuminators for night battles.

Putting immobilized vehicles inside buildings makes ammo dumps. Just make sure to remind players in the briefing to NEVER get the crew out or the vehicle is done.

It will work for the largest building sizes. The vehicle in question needs a tile that is completely inside. No walls allowed.

Burning vehicles inside(or outside) buildings make very nice illuminators for night battles.

Putting immobilized vehicles inside buildings makes ammo dumps. Just make sure to remind players in the briefing to NEVER get the crew out or the vehicle is done.

im constructing a scenario fro 01:30 6th June about the initial drop - ive set the weather for clear, the time to be 01:30 and the setting to be night - i did want the burning vehicle for some atmosphere and illumination but when i go into the 3d preview of the map its really not that dark!

im constructing a scenario fro 01:30 6th June about the initial drop - ive set the weather for clear, the time to be 01:30 and the setting to be night - i did want the burning vehicle for some atmosphere and illumination but when i go into the 3d preview of the map its really not that dark!

It's because June 6 1944 was full moon :)

During the Anglo-Canadian Operation Spring, July 25 1944, artificial moonlight was created by bouncing searchlights off the clouds over the objectives.

I would like to see some ambient light sources in the game, reflective night buildings vs day buildings without the need to set fire to perfectly serviceable vehicles.

seriously?

Yes. That was one of the key criteria used when selecting a date for D-Day. Another criteria was when high-tide occurred. IIRC, there were only 3 days each month when the moon state and tides were suitable for launching the invasion.

That's why Eisenhower's "Ok, let's go" decision was so dramatic. If' he'd chosen to postpone the landings, they couldn't have happened for another month.

im not sure ive set something up right - i switched the day to 7 june, 1:30 it still looks as clear as daylight except for a black sky with stars - compared to a recent AAR i read that was pitch black - is the darkness solely dependent on the time of day - my Carentan scenario is at 5:30 and its darker in that

Look around for the moon.

Edit: A while ago I put together some ephemeris data for some of June and July. I'm pretty sure it got posted somewhere, but for the life of me I don't remember where. Some kind soul might have put it into the CMBN Wiki?

Edit: found it

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1272227&postcount=6

Look around for the moon.

Edit: A while ago I put together some ephemeris data for some of June and July. I'm pretty sure it got posted somewhere, but for the life of me I don't remember where. Some kind soul might have put it into the CMBN Wiki?

Edit: found it

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1272227&postcount=6

brilliant - thanks for that - 10 june - doesnt get blacker!!!

but if the real weather was bright moonlight then bright moonlight it is - thanks

If you can place the burning wreck under a building in the map editor, that would also give you a cheat to have an "on fire" building, and throw a little light out there if you're making a nighttime map. Has this been done or tried?

Yes. Several times. ;) First time I used it was in the 'Road to Dinas' campaign. You'll find a burning Kubelwagen in a barn in 'It's a New Dawn'.