How Do You Access The Commonwealth Module

Just purchased the game by direct download and installed the game. It is my understanding that the Commonwealth module is complete and included in the purchase. However when I start the game I do not see any Commonwealth battles. I also checked in Quick Battles and Campaigns. Can someone let me know how I access Commonwealth scenarios? Thanks.

I just found a Commonwealth icon in the Module folder. When I double click it, a message comes up saying that Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I am assuming that my e-license code activated both the main game and the Commonwealth module? If not, maybe the problem is that the Commonwealth module is not activated? If that is the case, how do I activate it? This highlights why I dislike all this DRM protection. What a pain in the butt!

Hi,

Yes... Norton did block a file; I managed to restore it “live....” at the time. I reinstalled and looked out for the blocking, then restored it.

Am sorry to say I do not know how to go back and restore the file but someone will know. Try the technical support forum, some very smart people there.

Happily installed now... there is hope.. .

Good luck,

All the best,

Kip.

Excuse my ignorance but is this what your are referring to:

You can either try turning off the heuristic detection from the settings or if the CW module has been removed there should be an option in Norton to restore it and exempt it from future scans.

If yes, where do I find the settings? I checked my Avira program and I don't see anything about "heuristic". I don't believe the CW module has been removed because I see it in the folder. It is 1.16 MB.

Excuse my ignorance but is this what your are referring to:

You can either try turning off the heuristic detection from the settings or if the CW module has been removed there should be an option in Norton to restore it and exempt it from future scans.

If yes, where do I find the settings? I checked my Avira program and I don't see anything about "heuristic". I don't believe the CW module has been removed because I see it in the folder. It is 1.16 MB.

You won't - heuristic just involes how the virus protection program looks at files to try and determine if they are infected. What it will typically do is then quarantine them. What you would need to look for is where quarantined files are stored in your program and then in that location you should be given options on what to do with them (delete, restore etc). What would be best is if you can flag it to accept anything for the CM programs, then you don't run into this again.

I checked under quarantine in my Avira program and there aren't any files listed that have been quarantined. I also turned off the real time protection and then clicked on the CW icon and it still doesn't work. I wonder if anyone else running Avira is experiencing the same problem? If not then there must be something else that is causing it. Thanks.

Norton doesn't seem to like the CW module. You can either try turning off the heuristic detection from the settings or if the CW module has been removed there should be an option in Norton to restore it and exempt it from future scans.

IMO Do not turn off Heuristic detection as this is part of what you want the software to do. All Norton is doing is identifying a possible risk. Find the entry in the log and you will have the option to remove it from Quarantine.

Norton is detecting the file CMW Commonwealth Module.exe as a threat and all you need to do is restore it. Read the help in Norton on how to do that.

Other virus software might do the same....