Tank vs wall

Is there a way to use a tank gun to blow a hole in a tall wall to allow infantry or tanks to pass through?

I placed an area fire target in front of the wall and do not want to press Go until I know whether or not it will blow a hole in it or just churn up the grass in front of it.

Yes; it is possible. Just be careful where you place the area fire order. It is possible to target either the wall, or the ground in front of it. The target line should end on the base of the wall, not just in front of it, on the ground. If you target the wall correctly, the tank will stop firing as soon as the wall comes down.

Area fire should do the job. But if you decide to do the job with large calibre guns then keep your infantry away from the wall. The shrapnel can cause lots of damage to your own troops. In the SF I always try to use only the IFV's to blast the walls rather than MBT's because they tend to inflict less casualties to your own side.

Breaching the wall using area fire worked like a champ.

In one minute there was a hole big enough to send a destroyer through.

Ok ok maybe that was an exaggeration, certainly big enough to send a tank through.

One thing though, be sure and keep friendly infantry way far away because not only is the HE going off but the tank mg fire is bouncing all over the place from ricocheting off the wall.

Thanks for the info!