Medics...

We already have medic teams. They are called XO's. Atleast that has always been my use of them especialy in cmsf. Other good medic teams are vehicle crews, and scout detachments.

I think the game models it fine as is. Many other things I would prefer to see before medics.

IIRC BF posted that they originally were going to have a whole medic thing going on but it became like a game in itself and so they dropped it for the current system. Works fine imo. I mean, what would would be next? Ambulances, aid stations? Surgery probabilities?

I think some folks want to play THE SIMS.

We already have medic teams. They are called XO's. Atleast that has always been my use of them especialy in cmsf. Other good medic teams are vehicle crews, and scout detachments.

I disagree. XO Teams and other crews are just units that we are willing to unrealistically risk over other soldiers because of their lack of combat utility. I believe that Yankeedog nails the issue: we DO have medic teams, we just don’t see them. And I believe that there is little sense in implementing them and making them player controlled, except for a couple of situations.

Besides, I believe that buddy aid simulates an important RL combat issue. I have zero military knowledge, but I read somewhere that while killing enemy soldiers have a big morale impact, wounding them it’s more effective, tactically speaking, since you are not taking out of the battle just the injured combatant, but also the guy(s) struggling to keep him alive until a medic evacuates them. So even if someday medics are implemented, I don’t believe that they should replace the actual system.

I like the system as it is. Being able to care for your troops somehow is giving the game a nice touch even if it does not pay out (like in QBs).

Now, for the next base game (bulge) I would love to see some more. Not a medic simulator but something that gets the game closer to the picture we probably all expect to see (pulling wounded into cover, wounded crawling into cover, guys with red crosses, ...). Adds a lot to the flavour.