Advice for a good 1st 1v1 mission please

Hi guys

My friend and I have been playing CMBN for some time now in single player mode and we're toying with the idea of giving 1v1 a go.

I normally play in turn based and he RT so we're not sure which method would be best at first.

Does anyone have a good idea for a mission that is reasonably balanced and not a tiny map either. We're probably looking to spend an hour or two on a game.

Also can we save the game and pick it up later on after the game has been shut down?

Oh and are there any complications for starting a 1v1 game or is it fairly simple?

Cheers in advance

Nick

I can see some problems already

When I start a 2 player game it say give this IP address to the other player...however the IP address it gives is the internal network address e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx

and not the true IP of my network.

What IP should I give him and how does the game at his end know which PC in my house to connect to?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi De Savage

Yes we finished it and it was great. The opening phase was murderous. I was cautious enough not to go for a crossing in force and tried to get pioneers to clear the obstacles while I bombarded the hedgerows and other suspicious areas. I tried to get a couple of tanks across and one got hit and the other bogged in the river. My opponent hurriedly redeployed his forces and created a nasty killing zone on the main road through the town and then again on the fields on my left. I probed and probed and couldn't find a way through. It seemed every time I tried to attack on a different direction I was met with vicious MG42 fire which cut my squads into pieces!

Finally I made him give ground by using very heavy artillery and once I got the village I prized open his defence but the cost to me was so heavy that half of my force was completely useless with broken moral, I used those tie up his forces on one flank while I made a dash for the two small houses. By the time I got to the objective both of our forces were shattered and we had to go for a truce.

Cheers

Nick

Desavage - my and Schultz are playing La Meaffe too and its been working great H2H!

My shermans got blasted in the river crossing. (stupid mistake on my part)

However I've blasted myself with artillery and heavy MG fire into the compound after the river crossing itself. Schultz is giving me a hell of a hard time, and Im taking awful casualties. So now Im edging into the first little village compound, with a small push trying to get to the second compound after the wheat field. not a lot of luck to be honest. I expect to capture the first, but I'll be spent after that.

Still - great battle.