New file at the Repository: BullGod PzKpfw IV ausf H (2012-01-09)

Panzerkampfwagen IV ausf H (early and late) in three colour camo with tactical markings.There are couple of variants for hull (3), turrets(3) and skirts(5) to make it interesting. Those include 2 camo variants designed to (more or less) match each other, although little different. If you feel that it is too much, you can just delete files with numbers at the end, although it gives a lot of possible variations thanks to the way the game engine works.There is also a folder inside that contains hull and skirt texture variant with Panzer Lehr Division markings (Prince Shoenburg-Waldenburg family crest of the II Battalion on the skirts). Delete it, or replace files in the main mod folder with those.

More...

I remember playing Panzer Elite and most of the German tanks had this camo in the European Campain, was this actually true?

This "Three Color Camouflage" was introduced in 1943 with dark yellow color used as a base instead of old dark gray base color. All new tanks were painted in this new color at factories and two additional colors were issued for painting of camouflage: olive green and red brown. There was no centally enforced pattern of camouflage, allowing every commander to adjust it to his needs and environmental requirements and in most situations individual vehicle crews were responsible for painting their equipment. Those colors were issued as a paste and could be thinned with gasoline or water, sprayed (most tanks had compressors to provide needed air pressure for painting with spray gun) brushed, mopped (or whatever) onto the vehicle, alhough spraying was most popular.

I'm not sure what texture i'll make next, but I was thinking about Sdkfz 251 series as being most popular (and possibly little less time consuming). Maybe Panther or Tiger will be next. But I don't think I'll manage to retexture all of the german vehicles.

Hi, thanks so much for these. They actually remind me of some of my own I did in the halcyon days of CMx1 :)

The bmp's seemed properly numbered and everything, so I just wrapped them and put them into the Z folder. But then one tank showed up with mixed schurzen - some of yours, some of Aris. Any idea?

I still use a lot of your mods Gurra - thanks for making CM1 look so good.

Probably the system looks for schurzen versions. So, if there are more versions by one modder that are numbered correctly, it's possible that the extra ones are getting mixed in since the system chooses these things randomly.

Hi, thanks so much for these. They actually remind me of some of my own I did in the halcyon days of CMx1 :)

The bmp's seemed properly numbered and everything, so I just wrapped them and put them into the Z folder. But then one tank showed up with mixed schurzen - some of yours, some of Aris. Any idea?

You should remove other versions from the Z folder just to be safe. It seems that Aris version overwrites one of mine. Actually, I still have Aris mod in my Z folder, but because my mod is in a folder whose name begins with B and his with A, my textures overwrite his.

I still use a lot of your mods Gurra - thanks for making CM1 look so good.

My pleasure. Nice to hear some are still used...you are an eastern front buff, I take it? :D

Probably the system looks for schurzen versions. So, if there are more versions by one modder that are numbered correctly, it's possible that the extra ones are getting mixed in since the system chooses these things randomly.

Yes, I realize. Hmm.

BullGod, I named your package with a 'Z' first of all. Should overwrite Aris stuff, as far as I know. Well, I am going to try some other file structure, sure it will work fine.

cheers

FWIW, I have a ZZZ folder inside my Z folder and I put all my "test" mods in there as I think that guarantees they'll be loaded last. However, as I said earlier if there are (say) "mod versions 4, and 5" in the earlier load, they will NOT be overwritten unless the mod in the ZZZ folder also has "mod version 4 and 5". I suspect that's the problem you're experiencing. Safest thing is to remove the mod you don't want and if you're like me, put it into another folder someplace OTHER than the Z folder called UNUSED MODS.

And yes, I still play a lot of CMBB and CMAK thanks to WeBoB where most members are still CM1 fans. And when well modded I still hold that CM1 can look as good/realistic sometimes better than CM2 when you get to levels 3-4 and higher.

I totally agree with you Erwin. I played CMBB and CMAK right up until CMBN was released. I then made the decision to move on, since the new graphics card enabling me to run CMBN well enough didn´t allow me to use any Anti Aliasing or Aniso in the older games, ever since Nvidia changed their implementation. If it weren´t for that snag, I would probably still have those games on my hard drive.

I miss the Eastern Front. Very much. Problem is, until BFC gets to Fall Blau, which is sort of a favourite period, I will have grown grey hair. Turning 38 today and the first ones are starting to show up :D

• 2 months later...