Is this possible?

I was playing a map in RT and a US LMG team got trashed crossing a road. Anyhow, one of the team was wounded(yellow) and i'm positive that after a minute or two of him moaning and moving, a member of another US squad who was in a building a few feet away shot him!!

This was out of the corner of my eye, so im not 100% sure but i'm fairly sure he shot him. I heard the shot and when i looked across he was in the process of turning back towards the enemy but his rifle was pointing down and towards the wounded but now dead GI.

Not sure on that. If I remember correctly CMSF FF was caused because the 50 cal stuff was considered like a minor explosive charge or something...the 240s and 249's didn't 'cause FF...what would the comparison be between the 30 cal. and them be? Is it bigger or smaller, round wise?

Here's some info from CMSF...seems my memory was correct.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90069&highlight=Mord

Mord.

I had only a very small number of AB left in a group of houses i tried to shift the LMG team but they got hit. 2 x red 1x yellow if I remember correctly.

The wounded soldier was a few feet away from a defending rifle squad holed up in a building. He proceeded to make some noises and moved around, then I am fairly positive the nearest member of the rifle squad shot him.

I say fairly positive, because not much firing was going on at that moment and because the camera was close to the building the rifle squad was in. Then this shot rang out, when I looked down I saw the soldier whose weapon was pointing at the now dead soldier turn to face the Germans in another building way off and continue firing.

Maybe the weeping and wailing was getting on his tits

Maybe the wounded man knew some important secret and it was essential that he not be allowed to fall into enemy hands.

;)

Michael

I'm probably mistaken :) I really should play more turn based games, if I had, I may possible have the most unusual piece if gaming behaviour in the series.

The M240 is 7.62mm. The M249 is 5.56mm. So the M240 is approximately the same as a .30 cal and the M249 to a .23 cal bullet.

Michael

Then my guess would be, no...but I'll set up a test in a bit and see if I can cause a casualty.

Mord.

Anything smaller than .50 cal will NOT cause friendly casualties. I've done extensive tests and as long as you don't use .50s, friendly fire will not hurt you. It WILL, however, have other effects. Friendly forces can be suppressed and pinned by friendly fire (just .30 cal MG, .30 cal rifle, and .45 cal). It's pretty easy to send a friendly unit from OK to Nervous via friendly fire. Also, grenades, rifle grenades, bazookas, etc. all WILL cause friendly fire.

Sorry, I should have said anything smaller than .50 cal will not cause casualties. You can fire .30 cal at your own guys all day long with no wounded or KIA. You'll cause suppression, but not kills. It's only once you get to .50 cal, grenades, etc. that you have to worry about friendly fire kills.

I went back and edited my post to clear up the confusion (hopefully)