Request to BFC - "Brook" tiles

Or rivulet or stream ... whatever.

Basically a less than full tile waterway that is placed just like roads. All the little road combos, just made of shallow water.

Let us underlay with whatever terrain we choose, but the water has pebbles/rocks.

------

This is of course dovetailed into the request to allow water on more than one elevation per map. ;)

Or rivulet or stream ... whatever.

Basically a less than full tile waterway that is placed just like roads. All the little road combos, just made of shallow water.

Let us underlay with whatever terrain we choose, but the water has pebbles/rocks.------

This is of course dovetailed into the request to allow water on more than one elevation per map. ;)

Agreed on all points.

I got rid of the pebbled fords and changed it to the same tile as the swamp as an underlay and it looks pretty good as a river or stream. But I like your suggestion of a dedicated river overlay better.

+1 to this. So many maps have water that's a challenge to render in a realistic way, given the current limitations. And with the Commonwealth module coming, I'd like to be able to make the Odon and the Orne look like more than lines of swamp tiles. OTOH, I could make the wider of the two (the Orne) actual water, but then the zero elevation would require making all other elevations on the map relative to that.

+1

Could be dealt with like road ditches, which are present as true micro terrain mesh alterations already.

Place these in the middle of AS, somewhat deeper and unlike water tiles, allow to place on any reasonable base terrain tile (grass, mud, ..or any non pavement/road types).

Limitation could possibly be to place them on just one base height, in accordance with any water tile if present on map.