Where are the churches?

An intermediate-sized bell tower (distinct from the 8 floor cathedral spire) is sorely missed, just as minarets were conspicuously missing from CMSF. The small square building type is an imperfect substitute for either, owing to its carrying capacity.... A 3 man MG or FOO team is about all you'd expect to fit in a church tower. I thought BFC could work up a special "bunker" type fortification (these are basically an immobile vehicle) with a multistory "turret" but they have other priorities.

Towers are like trenches, foxholes and bocage. They're slaves to the underlying action square grid which the whole game runs on. There's a minimum size inhabitable building footprint. Catherdal tower, last time I checked, was the same footprint as a smallest square building (though it looks bigger). Any smaller and some of your squad will be hanging around out of doors because everybody can't fit in together. :)

Towers are like trenches, foxholes and bocage. They're slaves to the underlying action square grid which the whole game runs on. There's a minimum size inhabitable building footprint. Catherdal tower, last time I checked, was the same footprint as a smallest square building (though it looks bigger). Any smaller and some of your squad will be hanging around out of doors because everybody can't fit in together. :)

I agree with this. However, I'd like to see a shorter one more suitable for smaller churches that you can still fit some dudes up into. :)

CMBN did add a couple of little barn objects less than 1x1 in size, so it's clearly feasible... Just tricky to make work, I expect, for reasons you cite and maybe others too. As to the issue of excess personnel hanging around outside, all the better, since you wouldn't want units of more than 3 entering in the first place.