Harriers sold off

Affentitten

Well 4 Eurofighters would probably just about do it. I never realised just how **** the Argie Air Force was these days until I just looked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentinian_Air_Force

Yeah ... 40-odd fighter/ground-attack aircraft don't pose much of a threat that far over-water, although the Hercs do give them a little air-air refuelling. During the Falklands they had ~100 F/G-A a/c.

1/4 million quid for that?? Somebody needs to edit a few zeroes out of the price.

think of it as an antique (easy to do!), and a unique piece of history......Spitfires & Mustangs are older & slower & much more common but go for a lot more ...maybe partly because they are actually airworthy...<ahttp://community.battlefront.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png' alt=';)'> ...non-airworthy Starfighters are newer and faster and go for less!!

BTW for the nerds among us, I think this must be an F Mk 3 - the extended tailpipe was only fitted to the M3 onwards for the reheated engine (afterburner), and this photo appears to show 2 cannon ports under the intake which was the armament of the a/c from the F Mk 2 onwards, and not fitted to the recce version:

article-2058213-0EB0501600000578-922_634x439.jpg

Dunno what the probe-thingie is at the front of the nose tho - nothing like it appears in any photos or pictures I've seen.

• 4 weeks later...