z-Bee CMSF Mod Manager Released!

Great job...I just Dl'd it. Believe it or not I have yet to dl any mods. I've been waiting for something that would easily change a lot of stuff to suit a specific scen...and back...This looks like it. By the way: This program has received just 2...TWO! ... ratings...and I'm the SECOND...what a bunch of ungrateful mods sluts...!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I got it loaded. I needed to use your MS access link and DL access runtime 2007. So got up and running fine. When using Z-Bee. I get this error message from MS:

Execution of this application has stopped due to a runtime error. I did see your trouble shooting tips about going into access and setting trust the program...also to enable Macros. My problem is I cannot find the program. It's hidden somewhere...any clues?

Btw, I'm extremely happy to hear that you're going to try some mods. There are so many good ones. Many of those are essential to making the game visually better and to your liking. Don't give up on the mod manager, once it's working for you, it's much easier to change your mods around. It may take a while to get it all set up, but it works.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have done a little more work on the mod manager. The best part so far is the ability to sort your mods list by name, file name, rating, whether it's active, or whether it's essential. This helps get to the record faster.

I've also made a small panel of buttons that open all your folders.

I'll be making a few other small changes/fixes.

What I really need to do before releasing is making a utility that transfers your records to the new manager if you are upgrading.

It's getting a little better all the time!

1) If there is a security warning when you open it that asks if you want to "Enable Macros", then select Yes or OK.

What I really need to do is create digital certificate so everyone's security settings will let it work. This will have to wait until 1.2 is ready.

If anyone else has any suggestions that can help Aloko Mac, that would be great.

Hey FS BEE: Two issues:

1. Got myself up and running but still getting the odd error messages:

When setting scen path I can use either "default" or browse to get to my scen files but get this error message when I set it:

zbeeerr.jpg

It then gives me a path saved message. When I exit/return to Scen the path is not saved and I must set it again.

2. Once I have set the Mods specifically for a scen and activate them does this mean they will only work with that scen now and in the future, while all others are using the normal game defaults? If that is the case then it's not working that way for me. All scen are given the new mods. Can you get my expectations straight?

Thanks MarkEzra,

1) I'll look into that. I think I can fix it.

2) The mod manager in no way messes with the game. All it's doing is copying your mods into the z folder. Any mods in your z folder are active. The mod manager is just an easier way of loading specific mods, without having to go into the z folder and manually cut and paste, etc. If you want to load a specific mod set for a scenario, you have to exit the game, put the mods in the z folder and remove others that you don't want (z-Bee does this automatically), and leave you 'essential' mods in there. Then you have to restart the game and choose the scenario you want to use the mods with.

A built-in mod manager in the game would be great, but until then, I'll keep hacking away at making this thing work for you guys.

I've looked into the SetSingleValue problem but have not been able to figure it out. I cannot seem to repeat the error.

I was able to get around it. All you have to do is find the path and then populate your list WITHOUT pressing SAVE. It still populated the listbox below and once that's populated, you can load the scenarios into your records. From the looks of your screen shot, it looks like this will work for you. The downside: you have to browse to your scenario folder every time unless you're installed in the default path.

I'll still keep an eye out for any fix I can find, but you should still be able to use it.

No suggestions? If no one else has any suggestions, I will just release version 1.2 soon. I just have to package it and upload it. I may do a thing or two before that, but suggestions are more likely to make it in 1.2 if you let me know now. Otherwise, they'll have to wait a couple months. I'll at least wait until the weekend.

UPDATE

Since no one added any requests :(, I just did what I could to make the app more useful. I basically just used it a lot and realized I needed quicker ways of finding things.

1. There are now more details in the bottom box, that show your mod records.

2. You can sort by those details. Someone asked for color coding, but after looking into it, it's not possible. But you can sort by whether it's activated or not, among other things. Very useful!

3. There is now a panel of buttons that you can use to open:

a. Your mod folder.

b. Your z folder.

c. Your scenarios folder.

d. Your campaigns folder.

e. Your saved games folder.

f. Your mod tools folder (rezpack, rezexplode).

4. I created a utility that will import all of your records from version 1.0 or 1.2!

5. Slightly increased the size of the list boxes for easier viewing. The #2 box is still fairly small but you don't really need it to be that big. All you really have to do is click add all. It won't overwrite any of you records, but it will add what's not there.

6. Added link to the repository.

7. The mod types are now more detailed for easier searching and categorizing.

Sorry, I did not resize the mod manager for higher resolutions. My max resolution isn't that high, so it was wierd to try to make it for larger resolutions without being able to test it.

I should have it packaged and uploaded to the repository and cmmods by the weekend, if time permits. Thanks for all of the positive feedback and well over 300 downloads! It makes my efforts worth something. Btw, any feedback you have, good or bad, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

SeeBee,

When I checked it out, I got it to install fine etc. + * seemed to work fine. However, no mods were actually copied to my Z folder. (using vista ultimate 64bit). Having just invested quite some time in naming mods etc, i layed it down for the moment.

I still wanted to play aroud a little bit to see if I could get it working. Perhaps you have any ideas what the problem might be?

I promise to come up with at least one suggestion as soon as i get it working ;)

I agree with Webwing, zBee. I downloaded your manager about 3 weeks agom, within about 2 hours of installing CMSF, never having played any of the CM games before. I added about 100 mods that same day. Despite that lack of familiarity with the game and it's mod file system, etc., your manager worked so flawlessly there's nothing I could think of that was needed! My only real deep experience with modding games was with IL2 Stumovik and its progeny, which about a year ago a team of adventursome types cracked the code--the developer hadn't opened it up yet. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about knows that dealing with those many fantastic mods and their nightmare file structures will know just how beautifully effortless your manager has made dealing with mods! Great job!

Hey thanks guys. I'm not trying to fish for compliments here, but very much appreciated!

Saunders1953,

That was my goal. Manipulating all of the files by hand was a pain. The first time I actually caught myself USING the mod manager rather than just testing it, was a major relief. I'm just so glad that all of the brilliant mod makers now have a way for people to more easily showcase their work. There are just too many great mods out there for people not to see them!!!

Lethaface,

Not having Vista 64, I have no way of testing. It seems that it mostly works, just not "Activating" mods. So I'm looking at the code behind that button right now.

1. Make sure that you have the proper paths set to your mods folder and your z folder.

Obviously, that would make a difference.

2. Maybe Vista 64 has some different folder structures or something than XP, which is what I have. I will look into it, but it will be really hard to fix without seeing Vista 64 myself.

3. Does the "Activate Essential Mods" button not work as well???? I would assume so, since it basically uses the same code.

I'll look into this one before I release version 1.2. I'm sick as a dog today, so I'm home from work and have a little more time.

Hey, trying to get the manager to work. When I save my paths I get the error "Error from inside SetSingleValue -2147467259: Operation must use an updateable query"

When I click ok, it comes up with the error again, and on the third it says path saved but im not able to populate my mod list (get the error that I need to save paths first)

I downloaded the access runtime and don't see a toolbar to check out settings or a place to change macro settings.

Thanks for any help! Can't wait to get this running.